• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sin Cera

Bladecutter

"Pursuit of Shape"
Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
Recently read Dan Brown's book Digital Fortress......within body of book was mentionof the root of the word Sincere Latin...Sin Cera' which literal translation is Without Wax. in real old school days, sculptors of Rock mostly would get into production crunches, move too fast and make errors, which they would fill with wax to fake....so the really tight stuff, with minimal flaw, came to be known as Sin Cera...without Wax

I still just drove up into this hood, maybe 7 mos....i've been doing paint & body on Cars & Aircraft for about 45 years, i've seen a lot of horrors, suffered a lot of Horrors, and have seen stuff that blows me away...have managed to get some show winners & placers out there myself. In the short amount of time that i have been here, i have been knocked off the couch by the projects i follow.....stuff that i would most definitely tag
"Sin Cera" ECS is just beyond Belief, 747mopar stuns me for DIY, same with Hawk hsorman Whoever is doing'68 Coronet Restoration" Blue/green metallic...this stuff knocks me on my *** ...the volume of effort & dedication is a perpetual Marvel. Truly challenges me.....inspires hell out of me......hope to have my own project on here next year......for me, the work just gets harder because each time it has to be better, have to learn more....i am a veteran of Hell's Kitchen, but that doesn't mean i think i know everything....i learned a long time ago, if one fools himself into believing that He/She knows everything there is to know know about something.....well......that's all they're ever going to know.

Two others Who, if not for them, i wouldn't have 'stuck' around.
Super-bee-ski & Photo440...it was their words & encouragement that kept me posting..sticking my line in the water. I have referred to Photon as a Glass Expert......i work with it, but i really know little about the science....Photon is hands on and He knows values, chemical structures. how to scientifically test stress loads..what it can handle in black & white..way beyond me. He may not think of Himself as an authority. but He knows a whole lot more about it than i do...so to me He is an expert.
Hopefully down the road a little, i will be able to help Ski with his Polara, as we are not too far apart....Photon has His RR project goin that i wish i could lend a hand to.....have to see the horizon next year...btw Photon & Ski.. process photos ..i'm keepin my eye on You Guys...feed me please!

This is a Salute, Hat's Off, Humble Congratulations to ALL of You Who
"Live Your Work, and Inject It With Soul"

Jobs well done are Truly Their Own Reward

Soldier on Good Soldiers
so many efforts in these threads that are Truly

"SIN CERA"

jim buff-it

To all of You Who have shown me a Welcome. I am in Your debt....i have made some real connects here. People i truly Hope to meet in future...i'm on an island sort of because my license ha been on a hold since 2011, so i don't venture out from Home much, i work on the old rides to pay my roof & food to My Man Pete and i build my Art,
FBBO has been my "social life" since November 2014...probably has to do with why i post so many threads and leave long *** comments on Others threads, God i can't wait to have a ride strapped to my butt again....truly jonesing hard.

Last edited:
Interesting post blade. Hat's off to you as well and hope you get your ride sooner than later.

Can't wait to see what you end up with, looking forward to it. 2011....... wow that's a long time to be without wheels, I can sense the excitment and can definitly relate. I had a 10 year spell while we were starting our family where I just had my Dakota and it drove me nuts, I've always had something rather it be the motorcross bikes or the cars to play with. It's definitely a passion like your artwork, good luck to finding that next blank canvas.

Blade, think of it this way: the long wait will make the eventual ride that much sweeter! With all these projects, you have to have the long term vision. There will be setbacks, and if you're lucky, even periods of great progress. But they will take TIME and EFFORT. I'm looking forward to a build thread from you so I can learn some too!

Hawk

Meeps, 747, Hawk...Thank You Guys....i don't know if You Guysaw the Dodge/Fireball thread...but i can't take any more , i already have it, bird ind....so i'm playing it before i get a car...keep it FUN-ctional....it's my bench shop, but head & galley still part. Up my alley for the odd anyway. Nice Words Guys....smile a mile in total style

Jimi,
No worries on that license, the 10 million illegals here in CA have been driving around with impunity for the past 20 years!
Hang in there man, the end of the tunnel is fast approaching....

Anyway, yeah...no I mean: Hell Yeah!
Digital Fortress!
Great read!

I think I read that in 99'
That crazy super Computer (s) "TRANSLTR" and the code itself: "DIGITALFORTRESS"
A twisted and devious plot pertaining to a dis-grunted NSA "code-builder" and his fear of the "Agency" becoming too much like "Big Brother"

Cool and epic book!

Auto Transport Service
Back