• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Air Cleaner identification

70BurntRt

Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Can anybody tell me what this six pack air cleaner came off of ?
Thanks,
Steve

It was a 70/71 b/e six pack air cleaner somebody cut so no its pretty much worthless

What part of the base has been hacked? Are you talking about the front shield not being there?

What part of the base has been hacked? Are you talking about the front shield not being there?
Not all of them had the shield; they weren't on cars with fresh air. However the bottom lip is missing, should look like this. (courtesy of Nick's)
70_440-6_03.jpg

Man, how did I miss that! Especially considering I have two Six Pack cars in the garage. But looking on the positive side it could still be used on a hotrod, etc., just not on a fresh air Six Pack car.

It's hard to say. The lid looks a little rough. But someone with metal working tools and skills could fix that.

it was probably used on a car that had the 2spd wiper motor. no 6pak air cleaner will fit a 2spd wiper car, so the lid and base has to be trimed or notched to fit. i have a 6pak air cleaner assembly that was notched for a 2spd wiper and i just cleaned it all up to look similar to what's pictured to fit a non-fresh air/non-6pak car.

I have one of those and have seen enough like it to think they designed that way as an over the counter offering. The cut line on mine and others I’ve seen is too uniform to have been done by hand and was done during stamping in my opinion.

5DB3DC7C-1740-4835-9493-622FF4053DBE.jpeg

Last edited:
it was probably used on a car that had the 2spd wiper motor. no 6pak air cleaner will fit a 2spd wiper car, so the lid and base has to be trimed or notched to fit. i have a 6pak air cleaner assembly that was notched for a 2spd wiper and i just cleaned it all up to look similar to what's pictured to fit a non-fresh air/non-6pak car.
Like this!

IMG_4042.JPG

Man, how did I miss that! Especially considering I have two Six Pack cars in the garage. But looking on the positive side it could still be used on a hotrod, etc., just not on a fresh air Six Pack car.
Exactly. F the “Mopar Guys”! :p :)

Auto Transport Service
Back