• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skid Plate

MelroseMopar

Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Built a 440 (512) w a 7 quart pan and am worried about ground clearance. I have not found an aftermarket Skid plate that covers the length of the pan so I made one. Has any one else made there own or have seen an aftermarket one that goes full length?? Looking for different designs. Honestly don't care what it looks like I will never park it over mirrors at a car show. Function is top priority.

resto12.jpg resto22.jpg resto23.jpg

When that Baby hits something it's really gonna stop the car! Why not use the Milodon Road Race pan
and Faghetabotit? Are you going racing or is this a street engine? 7000RPM=7Quarts of oil.
7534300-oilpanheadersundercar.jpg
A1B04771-8DB9-4869-A8B5-49C0E59EA014.jpeg

Man is that set up ever low, and when you hit something I imagine it could end up being quite alarming! I do like the look of the milodon pan in post 3

Not a full length one but it has taken some hits. Oil pan is well protected.
20170617_110723.jpg
20170616_183037.jpg

When that Baby hits something it's really gonna stop the car! Why not use the Milodon Road Race pan
and Faghetabotit? Are you going racing or is this a street engine? 7000RPM=7Quarts of oil. View attachment 1158945 View attachment 1158947
Street car High vol oil pump in a stroked 440 (512). And yes hind site being super sweet would love the road race pan lol.. next one. And while looking pretty intimidating it is only slightly below pan. I was thinking along the lines of speed bumps and road dips or transitions mainly very low speed but I do tend to build for "Worst case scenario" situations..

Man is that set up ever low, and when you hit something I imagine it could end up being quite alarming! I do like the look of the milodon pan in post 3
Still 4/1/2 inches under it. will see how it runs. I agree and it looks sweet when i get the extra $1000 or rip this one off I will be making the switch.

It hurt to spend the extra cash while I'm trying to put the car together, but the pan was
approximately $450.00, and I opened the block passage to 1/2" pipe (0.703 dia.) so I
could use an internal pickup and a high volume pump too. Oh, and a windage tray too.
I only wanted to do this once.

It hurt to spend the extra cash while I'm trying to put the car together, but the pan was
approximately $450.00, and I opened the block passage to 1/2" pipe (0.703 dia.) so I
could use an internal pickup and a high volume pump too. Oh, and a windage tray too.
I only wanted to do this once.
Agree!! will probably go that route if I have to will see what the streets around me have to say.. I guess I would end up a little shy of a thousand.

Captureoil.JPG

and Faghetabotit? Are you going racing or is this a street engine? 7000RPM=7Quarts of oil. View attachment 1158945 View attachment 1158947
How deep is that pan, and do you have internal pickup? Do you have a part number for it?

I will have to modify or replace the old Moroso-pan. Centerlink hits the pan at full turn, and the pan hangs very low.

Just rebuilt and installed this engine...I have two 440's for my RR and the other one had stock oil pan and pickup. In hinsight I should have thought about this issue...

Moroso pan_1.jpg

Moroso pan_2.jpg

So, I have had to make a slight relief cut in my center link for drain plug clearance, and a little
"Schmoozing" near where the Idler arm connects to the center link. On right turn full lock, the
swelled out part of the link hits the corner of the pan on the passenger side. I am also going to
take my MIG welder and add some material to the bump stops on the lower ball joints on both
sides. It will cut my turning radius down a smidgeon, but I don't want it to rub!
20221010_150709.jpg
20221010_150648.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back