• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

slap stick

Roger63

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Is there a conversion available to use a cable on a factory slap stick shifter instead of linkage?

I'm looking a installing a 'slap stick' in mine, too.

Guess it depends on how the shifter is set up, and your trans. Is your trans a cable-shift? Hard part would be adjusting for gear location. But, there are cables available.

My shifter might have been originally a cable shift, off a 442 Olds. Gonna rub the GM off it, and put it to work.

Im wanting to use the one that's in it just eliminate the linkage

Sorry, Roger63. Understand.

Could be an after-market conversion available. What make/model mopar? Is your current shifter stock?

Yes it is original the previous owner cobbled it to the point of being bumfugled

Yes it is original the previous owner cobbled it to the point of being bumfugled

Same on my deal. Without new parts, starting from scratch.
Still will depend on how things hook-up on both ends. Not familiar with 70's mopar sticks, or what year your working with.
Assuming a 727?

Anyone ever figure this conversion out? I’d be interested in a slapstick with a cable which would route through an existing hole in the firewall ( Inside hood release ) and avoid cutting my floor. Thanks

Mine has the stock linkage coming thru the floor. Then a short cable from the bell ctank going to a B&M shifter mounted in the stock console. Why would you not want to use the factory floor linkage? It's simple, bulletproof, and the cable wont melt.
Doug

Mine has the stock linkage coming thru the floor. Then a short cable from the bell ctank going to a B&M shifter mounted in the stock console. Why would you not want to use the factory floor linkage? It's simple, bulletproof, and the cable wont melt.
Doug
Original 71 Hemi Road Runner Column Shift.

You would have to weld all the console and shifter brackets in thefloor to attach everything anyway The boss for the bell crank is in the factory floor pan. Alonf with the screw locations. Just did this on a 70 Duster that was a bench seat column shift car.
Doug

20221024_171452.jpg

34950.jpeg

You would have to weld all the console and shifter brackets in thefloor to attach everything anyway The boss for the bell crank is in the factory floor pan. Alonf with the screw locations. Just did this on a 70 Duster that was a bench seat column shift car.
Doug

View attachment 1389738

View attachment 1389739
Clean install, you do really nice work. I’m basically toying with the idea even though I would never do anything that wasn’t reversible to devalue the car. My column shifter is sloppy and I need to figure out how to rebuild it or get it rebuilt.

Auto Transport Service
Back