• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sled city hoodscoop

BBodyC

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
anyone out there purchase a hoodscoop from sled city recently. I have a question

I haven't purchased one from sled city, but, I have purchased one from Stinger fiberglass.
Don't know if that would work for a question answer ??

I didn't buy one, but I looked at one in person. It was a Max Wedge style, not really what I wanted, but a VERY NICE quality piece. Give him a call. My AAR Hemi style is perfect for me.

I didn't buy one, but I looked at one in person. It was a Max Wedge style, not really what I wanted, but a VERY NICE quality piece. Give him a call. My AAR Hemi style is perfect for me.
I purchased one and when it arrived it had a gray primer finish..seemed like there was no gelcoat. I expected a white , hard, smooth type finish

I don't believe Larry Gel-coats his items ? My Hemi scoop was just primed, and needs fit & finish work...

I don't believe Larry Gel-coats his items ? My Hemi scoop was just primed, and needs fit & finish work...
ok thanks for the response ,I guess I expected gel coat finish

ALL of Ted J super bird and Daytona parts had the grey coating ,you would be hard pressed to find better parts !

I recently got a front valance for my 63 plymouth.I did not install it yet but it looks great! I know he makes those scoops in several heights,call him and tell him your needs. I had a very positive purchase!!

6.7.19 012.jpg 6.7.19 013.jpg 6.7.19 014.jpg 6.7.19 015.jpg View attachment 839795 6.7.19 017.jpg 6.7.19 018.jpg

ok..thanks for the feedback everyone
This is Larry at Sled City Fiberglass. Just like EVERY company we use a gel coat. We have been switching from grey to white here in the last year or so. I personally like the white because it reflects the heat when I am doing an outdoor show. Black parts will burn you if out in the sun and have a tendantcy to warp in the sun. As for your grey scoop, it is gel coated grey. You prep it like a steel part. Sand it, prime it, sand with 600 and paint your color. Now if you are getting a really shiney piece of fiberglass, you have to get all that shine off and I do mean all of it. Send me a picture when it is installed on your car.

This is Larry at Sled City Fiberglass. Just like EVERY company we use a gel coat. We have been switching from grey to white here in the last year or so. I personally like the white because it reflects the heat when I am doing an outdoor show. Black parts will burn you if out in the sun and have a tendantcy to warp in the sun. As for your grey scoop, it is gel coated grey. You prep it like a steel part. Sand it, prime it, sand with 600 and paint your color. Now if you are getting a really shiney piece of fiberglass, you have to get all that shine off and I do mean all of it. Send me a picture when it is installed on your car.
I will..thank you. Mine was a dull grey finish..as i posted I was expecting a white glossy finish...just because that is what I had seen in the past..

I will be doing all mechanical and all interior work myself..but I will not be doing any body or paint work....metal work yes...paint no..I do not have the proper tools or experience for that

Hi Larry...are you still doing hood scoops for 1966 1967 Coronot 440? Can you send photos of your latest units available and costs including the ride to beautiful Portland Oregon, 97267 where it never rains? Cheers...C-)

Hi Larry...are you still doing hood scoops for 1966 1967 Coronot 440? Can you send photos of your latest units available and costs including the ride to beautiful Portland Oregon, 97267 where it never rains? Cheers...C-)
Yes we are still doing the 66-67 Hemi scoops and the 64-65 Hemi scoops. $300+50 for shipping

I have one of Larry’s 64 hemi scoops. Good scoop and I like the studs mounted into the bottom for easier install. Little sanding here and there to make it fit the hood contour perfectly but all good. I’d buy again.

I have one of Larry’s 64 hemi scoops. Good scoop and I like the studs mounted into the bottom for easier install. Little sanding here and there to make it fit the hood contour perfectly but all good. I’d buy again.
thank You Steve009. I always like a review from a customer.

Do you offer multiple heights for the 65Hemi scoop or just factory height?
I also make the 4.5" 64-65 Hemi scoop for $325. It is a good seller and it is cheap horse power. If you want to go taller, it's only time and money.

Auto Transport Service
Back