• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Close: This Man Was About To Get Into Heaven But Then St. Peter Heard Him Call Soda 'Pop' And Down The Trapdoor He Goooooes

Lots of years ago coke was the 'pop' of choice with a Nehi being an orange. The Nehi was my favorite when pretty young. Anyways, now with all the flavors just saying 'gimme a coke' won't cut it. And I quit drinking soft drinks many years ago but do like a Barqs root beer once in awhile with a pizza but a 12 pack will last me for 6 months or more

We called any ice cream cone a Dairy Queen. As a kid, we were visiting relatives in Montana. I ordered a small Coke and got an ice cream cone.

I quit drinking soft drinks many years ago but do like a Barqs root beer once in awhile with a pizza
...or with boiled (in Zatarain's of course) seafood: shrimp, crabs, crawfish, and LOBSTER! Make sure to add shortie corn on the cob, heads of garlic (cut in half across, elephant garlic even better) whole fresh mushrooms, halved fresh lemons, and cut up sausage.
Barq's has enough "bite" to break thru the spicy heat of the seafood.
Barq's makes one HECK of a "Rootbeer float" too, with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream!

If I tell my girlfriend to get me a drink from the fridge, I'll tell her to get me a cola, or root beer, or a soda, cause that's what is says on the can, and the box the cans come from! Orange SODA, grape SODA, strawberry SODA.

Reminds me of James Garner in a bar in a western movie, asking for a sassparilla, "you know, Sodie pop!"
(Support your local sheriff/gunfighter, don't remember which).

If I tell my girlfriend to get me a drink from the fridge, I'll tell her to get me a cola, or root beer, or a soda, cause that's what is says on the can, and the box the cans come from! Orange SODA, grape SODA, strawberry SODA.
Does your girlfriend ever tell you, she's gonna give YOU a POP ?!? And then tell you go get it yourself ? :lol:

Does your girlfriend ever tell you, she's gonna give YOU a POP ?!? And then tell you go get it yourself ? :lol:
Occasionally, LOL.
(I usually only get away with that if I have an eight pound cat, or an 80 lbs German shepherd lap dog on my lap.)

Last edited:
Sasparilla is the root in root beer.

My dad could remember the first time he tasted Coke. Think about it, if you'd been drinking sugary Grape or Orange NeHi then someone gave you this acid. He thought it tasted terrible!

Unrelated, but all the boys would take their caps guns to the cowboy matinee at the theaters on Saturday afternoons. Once they had to clear out the crowd because there was so much smoke from the guns going off.

Conversely, we didn't have the "teens" shooting each each other like there's a bounty on black youffs.
Just for Chicago:

September To Date
Shot & Killed: 30
Shot & Wounded: 193
Total Shot: 223
Total Homicides: 37

Sorry back to it: COKE GOOD!

'

Last edited:
PEARLY GATES — The late Steve Christiansen, a devout Christian who had filled his mortal days serving others and standing for truth and righteousness, was about to walk through the gates to heaven when an ever-vigilant St. Peter heard him call soda "pop."

With a shake of his head, St. Peter pulled the big red lever and down, down, down the trapdoor went Christiansen.

"That's the fourth 'pop drinker' trying to sneak past me this week alone," said St. Peter while looking at the Heaven-Worthy Questionnaire™ on his holy clipboard. "The fallen state of Man is so great, they know not how fallen they truly are."

St. Peter then called the next in line, one Maria Angelica and ran through the questionnaire to know whether she was worthy to enter Heaven's shimmering gates of eternal splendor:

• "Name?"
  • "Do you like Jesus?"
  • "Calvinist or Arminian?"
  • "What is your favorite color?"
  • "Is this green with blue stripes or purple with orange stripes?" *hold up dress
  • "What is my favorite color?"
  • "Recite the biblical genealogies by rote."
  • "What do you call this?" *hold up bottle of soda
At publishing time, Maria Angelica had been last seen falling down, down, down...

If I hear someone call a drink a soda I'm like, "What are you from Boston or something?" It's either Coke or pop where I grew up.

Another thing I miss about living in Oklahoma is the chicken gizzards. Every convenience store that has a deli section has fried chicken gizzards. You had better get there before 6:00 pm or they'll be all gone. I've tried getting gizzards made for me here in Colorado but they're not nearly as good.
Gonna be a lot of Canadians in Hell. Oh well; at least it will be polite down there.

"RC" cola ? The guy in post #14 ? Would that be a "frappe" then ? You know, a milkshake that actually has ice cream in it ? :lol:
1695653035446.png

1695653345814.png

On the subject of root beer, 1919 is the best. it costs a premium for it though.
1695653118655.png

The mini keggers like this will make a bunch of floats! They used to be like $20, but then so was everything. I haven't bought one in a while, they went to 12 packs of 16oz cans.

We were visiting family in southern Georgia, and stopped for a meal in a local restaurant. Our waitress must have heard us talking, because when she came over to take our drink order she asked, "Do y'all want some POP?". And then she giggled. I noticed that they called Coke, " Co-Cola".

Does no one else call it soda pop?

Personally, I don't care for carbonated drinks - without alcohol.

Auto Transport Service
Back