• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So who's NOT watching the superbowl today?

I watched most of the first half.
Then I watched a guy catch a ball, get both feet down, get tackled out of bounds so hard he had to hold the ball against his helmet, hit his knee out of bounds, then his elbow, then the rest of his body, kept the ball in his hands: get his catch ruled an incompletion after a lengthy review.

I just laughed because this is the reason I didn't watch 99% of the regular season and skipped all the playoffs.
So I watch that halftime show out of morbid curiosity I guess.
Then I went and ate some pizza and did a few other things and forgot about the game until about 4 minutes left.

Then I tuned back in. In time to see them throw a flag for holding against a guy that didn't even touch the guy, from multiple camera angles, that they say he did.

Dear NFL, I love football. Maybe don't try so hard to manipulate the outcomes for your sports bets and other financial gains. Isn;t there enough money being made you don't have to control the scoreboard with the refs? Maybe settle for 9 figures instead of 10 for the season?
Or you know, keep on this path and then wonder in a couple years why everyone quit watching, and has nothing but negativity to say like is said about the NBA. (I actually witnessed them call a travel this year in the one game I watched! The guy only changed pivot feet three times and dribbled twice before they finally blew the whistle!)

Apologists and fanbois will apologize. I have better things to do, thanks for ruining something I enjoyed for most of my lifetime.

Didn't watch the game. It happened that I turned on the TV as the last 2 minutes were left. I thought the game was over. So I saw Filthydelphia lose. Then I yawned in excitement.

I see some jealousy here. That California team lost get over it.
Wrong, No jealousy at all...

& I'm not a MLB fan, especially not the NBA, at all anymore,
I simply don't watch, don't care & couln't give a Rats-***
no matter what state they are from. I have their programming blocked, so it can't be watched in my house
(or MLS, for that matter, especially the Women/bull-dykes WMLS)

I've been disappointed for a while, Raiders fan & all
& my team isn't from Calif. anymore 'Vegas Baby'
haven't been from Calif. for a few years now

Not really a fan of any professional Calif. team/s,
I'm certainly not a freaken' Niners Fan (my dad is :BangHead: ), or a Rams fan
I do like Chargers QB Justin Herbert only because he's a former Oregon Duck
but I'm not a SanDiego fan, they are AFC West, so is the KC Chiefs both are rivals

I'm programmed to not to "love any of them" they've had the Raiders # for years now
I have no animosity/jealousy toward them, I don't think my post or I, came across like that either...

go ahead & gloat, your team won, congrats

Smiley Always with the negative wave Moriarty.jpg

Last edited:
I really feel for you with that mind set ya got. You have been vexed by the very curse that has befallen the NFL and its very existence. American Football??? No longer what it once was when it truly was an American Game...But go ahead and revel in your delusional grandure
Wow, so much gloom and doom type of replies on here. Try to find the positives of watching a football game and not analyze the nfl or the commercials or the halftime or the network or the person who built the t.v. or whatever. If you dig enough into anything in life you will find something negative but who wants to live that way? Not me, I try to see the good side of any situation. Go Chiefs!!

When is the super bets... I mean Super bowl?
Did my colors of the logo based guess of ravens vs niners hold up? Or did the overwhelming power of drama and tv exposure get the analysts to pick the KC for more screen time/hype?
I am sure the niners went over the lions right? Because lions.

Make sure you tune in for the black national anthem and watch the inclusive anti-bigot half time show, you racist.

Watched 3 Lions games this year. Otherwise, hadn't seen a minute of football since `93.

I'll probably watch just because I'm a Broncos fan, despite all of the political nonsense, and want the Chefs to win because they ARE AFC West.

The Forty-WHINERS will lose by 8.

stooper bowl...huh? Oh! you mean the Sunday that Puppy Bowl is on the tube!
Won't watch, don't care. Never have watched as foobah is a blight on the American landscape imnsho. Oh, I guess if a bunch of kids want to play it in the backyard or in elementary school, that'd be fine, but seriously...
Even if I ever did watch it, I would not now - or for the last few years - just because of the politicisation and propaganda.
Bread and circuses man, bread and circuses...

Auto Transport Service
Back