• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

solving the wiper problem once and for all

It's part number 40-362 and it looks like it's just the motor assembly.

Looking for an update, would be very interested in any info either way - what earlier B or other body series parts would go in & together, OR how to get a repro part (or three...).

Just to hopefully help clarify, every thread on this I've ever seen posted anywhere got bogged down in discussion about the small nylon bushings that hold the LINKAGE together and ARE available everywhere - this part is not that.

It's also nothing that comes with any reman / repro motors I've seen. It's a separate assembly, part of the linkage.

To get it you ordered an entire "WIPER TRANSMISSION LINKAGE" with the main arm. There is also a difference in part numbers for the different wiper speed options.

Meanwhile, anyone with these cars, use the spray-on or wipe-on windshield rain repellant, it'll prolong the life of your fragile wiper systems. I only turn mine on to clear the fog off in the morning and at inspections.

Thanks whoever is doing whatever and count me in for whatever you end up making! :) :) :)

The USS Ricardo Montalban salutes YOU!

I might be able to help those willing to help themselves with your Cordoba/Charger wiper system. Mine is a 2 speed system and I also popped that center snap on bushing that holds the drive arm to the drive plate attached to the motor with that 3/8 nut. I went through all the local dealer NS1 searches and found two dealers both of which said their inventories were incorrect. That means SOL for my wipers and it rains a lot here.
I decided to build my own and you can do it also.
Go to a plastics supplier. Buy a small sheet of Lexan* Polycarbonate Sheet 1PC0810A XL10 8x10 .093 inch thick.
Attach the smallest hole saw you have and cut a disc out of this sheet. Then hold with pliers and use your handy Dremel motor tool to grind down the outside diameter of this very small disc to the point it fits inside the end loop of the drive arm where it attaches to the motor drive plate. Then drill an offcenter hole that fits very tightly to the shaft on that drive plate. Mine snapped into place. Now get a bigger hole saw and cut another disc out of your lexan sheet that is close to the outside diameter of the complete loop of the drive arm where it attaches to the drive plate. Drill another offcenter hole in it. Polish it up to correct size with the Dremel Motor tool. I had enough of my old bushing to fill up the area around the plate shaft and the outer white ring that is still in excellent shape. Align the drive arm with the inner lexan plate with the outer lexan plate lined up with the holes in line and snap it onto the shaft. I've forgotten the size of of C clip I bought at a local hardware store but I think it was 5/16 inch C clip that snapped into the machined down area just beneath the top of the shaft. Take you plate to the hardware store and fit them and get the right one like I did. Take it apart and use some wheel bearing grease throughout the assemby. Snap it back together.
My wipers are quieter than they ever have been and work dependably. You might not be able to get the boot on buy mine wasn't worth putting on and they are available at many dealers nation wide for $2.50 according to my NS1 searches. It's so greasy now, no water will harm the assembly anyway.
I hope this helps getting your car back on the road on rainy days.
By the way. It did take me about 8 full hours to do this. Most of the misery was snapping the drive arm back into place at the windshield wiper pivot under the cowel. Not a friendly mechanical task!

Folks, someone's already got it done and has sold some. I'll have to get the contact and order info, if anyone wants it.

I seem to remember them being $50, you get the complete bushing and internals.

Copy and past in Office Word or........

Late 70s Wiper Bushing Re-pop Order Form

Name: __________________________________________________________

Address: _________________________________________________________

Telephone: _______________________________________________________

Make, Model and Year of Car: ________________________________________

Do you want the parts color tinted? ____________________________________

Email: ___________________________________________________________

Number of Sets Requested: ________@ $50.00 per set plus $5.50 USPS Priority Shipping.

Cap Only :_________@ $25.00 per unit plus $5.50 USPS
Priority Shipping

Total Amount Enclosed: _____________

Payment must be made using a United States Postal Money Order.

By signing below you acknowledge the following:

These parts were reproduced using an original NOS (New Old Stock) parts originally made for Chrysler Corporation. The process used includes silicone molds and plastic resins currently available in the marketplace. Because of the nature of this endeavor, and the fact that you will be responsible for assembly and installation, there can be no warranty of said parts. Also, because these parts are hand made, there may be some imperfections in the casting (i.e., air bubble remnants) but I will not send you any parts that I feel would be inferior to the task for which they are produced. Finally, orders will be filled ASAP on a first come, first served basis.

Signature: ________________________ Date: _________________

Please mail this form and your payment to:

Scott Verbrugge
807 Lincoln Road
Grosse Pointe, Michigan 48230

** Items not included are Wiper Link, Torsion Spring, and White Lithium Grease.

An email will be sent when your order arrives and again when your order is mailed.

Yippeeeeee! And once again, Magnumguy is the hero on the white horse. That guy is everywhere and from my dealings with him he's good as gold. Just thought I'd toss that in. Big thanks, Mangumguy!

Auto Transport Service
Back