• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some 68 Coronets only one side mirror?

Richie

Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Hi everybody:

So I'm looking at a lot of pics of 68 Coronets and I'm noticing that some only have a drivers side mirror. Would that be right?

Passenger side mirror was an option. Not every body spent the $$$ for it. Nowadays, it is unthinkable to not have a passenger side mirror. In 1986, we drove our 1967 Coronet wagon to the first Mopar Nationals held at Columbus, Ohio. I believe we were the only station wagon on the grounds. I do not know about other years, but a passenger side mirror was standard equipment on 1967 Coronet wagons, so ours had this mirror. We had many inquiries over the course of the weekend not only about our wagon, but also this mirror. At that time, the passenger side mirror was not being reproduced, as it is now. This is the mirror that matches the driver's side remote adjustable mirror.

scan0003[1].jpg

Passenger side mirror was an option. Not every body spent the $$$ for it. Nowadays, it is unthinkable to not have a passenger side mirror. In 1986, we drove our 1967 Coronet wagon to the first Mopar Nationals held at Columbus, Ohio. I believe we were the only station wagon on the grounds. I do not know about other years, but a passenger side mirror was standard equipment on 1967 Coronet wagons, so ours had this mirror. We had many inquiries over the course of the weekend not only about our wagon, but also this mirror. At that time, the passenger side mirror was not being reproduced, as it is now. This is the mirror that matches the driver's side remote adjustable mirror.
My ‘68 Satellite 273 Wagon has the pass. mirror standard as well. Also a front anti-sway bar was standard. My 383 4 door ‘68 Satellite has neither.

Hi everybody:

So I'm looking at a lot of pics of 68 Coronets and I'm noticing that some only have a drivers side mirror. Would that be right?
Yup....it was an option for the passenger side.

Very few old cars had Rh mirrors back in the day.
Since many people can't cope with the asymmetrical look (standard human trait), many more cars have them now , then were originally produced.

I put a mirror on the passenger side of my 68 GTX, it’s basically useless, the curves of the fenders block everything, looks proportional though.

I saw a really nice Coronet 500 being sold and it just had a drivers mirror and I thought well the guy knocked it off but then I clicked on a restored Super Bee and it was the same way.

Notice the fully loaded Dealer Demonstrator had the passenger side mirror matching the remote control unit on the driver's side. This car also had power windows and a power antenna, hardly typical back then. The passenger side mirror was not adjustable, really served a cosmetic purpose only. My dad never ordered a car with one back in the day, even when he got flush enough to order air conditioning.
IMG_0101.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back