• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Dick Landy stuff....

The 70 Charger R/T that Bob Lambeck raced,Dick raced the Challenger R/T in 70.

Screensho434343434343434343434343434376888543r43tt 5359.jpg

Warming up the tires on the 70 Charger R/T. This was after Landy sold the car,in race ready condition. As stated above this car survived in tact!

tumblr83r8yr8ytytyytygtbv8oqfubuoiyfuybgger.jpg

Last edited:
I had the opportunity and honour to talk to Dick one year at Carlisle. He was autographing stuff, so I found a vendor selling racing photos from the past. I bought a picture of Dick racing his blue and white '67 R/T. I took it to him for an autograph, and told him that I had driven my 1967 R/T to the show from St. Thomas, Ontario. He recalled having raced at the nearby drag strip at Sparta many times. This track was a family owned one on part of Bob Harvey's farm. He said that whenever they showed up for a special race, the Harvey's would always invite him and his crew to their house for a meal. He said he had the highest respect for them, and this happened nowhere else. Dick was a good guy, and I am sure the respect ran both ways. This was an interesting piece of racing history that I had never heard before.

I had the opportunity and honour to talk to Dick one year at Carlisle. He was autographing stuff, so I found a vendor selling racing photos from the past. I bought a picture of Dick racing his blue and white '67 R/T. I took it to him for an autograph, and told him that I had driven my 1967 R/T to the show from St. Thomas, Ontario. He recalled having raced at the nearby drag strip at Sparta many times. This track was a family owned one on part of Bob Harvey's farm. He said that whenever they showed up for a special race, the Harvey's would always invite him and his crew to their house for a meal. He said he had the highest respect for them, and this happened nowhere else. Dick was a good guy, and I am sure the respect ran both ways. This was an interesting piece of racing history that I had never heard before.
I never heard a bad word about the guy. Most said he was a real gentleman!

Dick said,this young kid named Steve walked into my shop and said to me,I want you to take my Challenger and build the chassis exactly like your Pro Stock Challenger.

the-heirs-of-woodward-avenue-detroits-1970s-street-racing-culture-archived-feature-car-and-dri...jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back