• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some I like, some not so much, but THIS one should be produced!

Nope, don't like it especially the really squared off wheel openings.

I never cared for the Pontiac-looking nose on the 1970 Coronet line and see no need to perpetuate it. This coming from some one who bought a new 1969 SuperBee. When the '70's came out, I thought, " Whew, that was close. ".

Untitled.png

Not saying I don't like some Pontiacs. My first "muscular" car was a 1959 American Widetrack Catalina that I had my last year of high school. This two door sedan had the 345 h.p. Tripower 389 hooked to a column shifted 3-speed stick. This was a rarety up here in Ontario, where our Pontiacs were modified Catalina's plopped on a Chev chassis. That pictured 1961 Ventura Bubbletop would be my second choice to a '62 Gran Prix.

Not saying I don't like some Pontiacs. My first "muscular" car was a 1959 American Widetrack Catalina that I had my last year of high school. This two door sedan had the 345 h.p. Tripower 389 hooked to a column shifted 3-speed stick. This was a rarety up here in Ontario, where our Pontiacs were modified Catalina's plopped on a Chev chassis. That pictured 1961 Ventura Bubbletop would be my second choice to a '62 Gran Prix.
I never said anything to the contrary - just pointing out what that "design" in the OP reminds me of.

I don't know, I think that the RAM pickups, which at over 430,000 units and outsold the Silverado last year, are doing pretty good too. Come to think of it, I don't think any Jeep model came that close in sales...

BIG vote for Ram here. Friggin love my truck.

2019 RAM Laramie.jpg

I still like my Daytona...

0713201947_2.jpg

...for those of us who can't afford a wing car! Bought it new in '91. Drove to work in it today. 16psi boost in 50 degree (nice, dense) air? Woo-HOO!!

The current Charger should have been called Coronet - too (two?) many doors for the Charger name. While I can see trying to milk the "heritage" for all its worth...at least do it right.

It would be interesting to see how something all-new would look and turn out. Think "Viper" - while a halfhearted tribute to the Cobra of the 60s (with Carroll's hand in it as well), still a completely new, pretty damned radical design. It would be nice to see Ma Mopar turn out something completely new, completely different, NOT electric. Small, lightweight (the LX's are porkers!), powerful...instead of just dropping the Hellcat motor in something, how about building something around it? No reason it couldn't go mid-mounted...build a 'vette killer around the motor!

They are a much bigger car!

I have a 2018 R/T, I love it, and I think it's the added insulation and padding that makes it look bigger. It's a bulkier car, not as much "air" underneath it.

Built on the Lincoln LS platform. Very nice running and driving. No cowl shake and enough HP to get you in trouble. I’m not going to give away my wife’s age but we’ve had it a long time. It’s a nice car for a Sunday drive with my wife. And a lot of trunk space for all the things she thinks she will need for the day. The car’s an ‘02 and still gets looks and comments. Plus it’s what my wife wanted, so Happy 50th Birthday dear.
Lincoln LS....built on the Jaguar platform.
The bird used the Jag 3.9 V8. I knew a gal who had one. You could tell it was Jag based as it was always in the shop.

Hmmmm.... so you think the new Charger/300 follow those lines better???

If you're referring to post #29, the concept "Charger" is a butt ugly car. Other than the 68 Charger, those are butt ugly cars.

They were going to produce a new Barracuda but I read that because Challenger sales are doing so well they don't want to introduce another two door that would be direct competition.

image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg

They are a much bigger car!

The green on the new Challenger makes it look bigger as well. Then there's that massive front valance that follows the rest of the lower contour and creates a much larger surface area. It's a well balanced design in my opinion, they've succeeded in keeping a muscle car look that can't be mistaken for anything else on the road. I liked the car that first came out and then fell in love with the newer version with the halo and projector lens headlights. I hate Dodge for making this car. I was content with my 06 Scion, a well built reliable 5 speed. Then I rented one of these and started looking for one!

Auto Transport Service
Back