• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some talk about investing in cars

I still subscribe to C&D magazine just to keep some touch with new cars. A few months ago they had a monthly edition devoted 100% to EVs. I thumbed through a few pages to satisfy myself there was nothing there for me and within 10 minutes of retrieving it from the mailbox it was in the trash. Guess in hindsight I should have recycled it.

I still subscribe to C&D magazine just to keep some touch with new cars. A few months ago they had a monthly edition devoted 100% to EVs. I thumbed through a few pages to satisfy myself there was nothing there for me and within 10 minutes of retrieving it from the mailbox it was in the trash. Guess in hindsight I should have recycled it.
No, save it to burn in the fireplace on a cold day.
:lol:

Buy the most affordable car you like. Drive it, maintain it, have fun, and don't look back.

I don't buy cars for the money...I buy cars for the car.

I guess I'm weird...
I got what I still consider a good assessment of the market for our stuff when I bought GTX number 3 in 1991. The gentleman I bought it from was a GM collector with a 25 car stable. He was marketing the GTX as a favor to the original owner, whom he'd known as a neighbor growing up. "Buy a good quality car that you really like, and someone else will probably feel the same. If you choose well, you may do as well as a money market fund." This was in reference to mainstream vehicles like SS396s, GTOs, non Hemi B bodies. Seven years later, I sold that GTX for exactly what I paid for it, but I'd done nothing to it other than replace the starter, change oil, and add Magnum 500s. I loved every mile I drove in that car, 6000 of them.

Buy the most affordable car you like. Drive it, maintain it, have fun, and don't look back.
That's what I had in mind when I bought my 65. It wasn't about the money, it was about the easy maintenance. I'll be able to take it to the dealer and plug it in and have any problem diagnosed and 5.7 parts are all over the place. I'm obviously not a purist and my 65 is new car meets old and I could not be happier. I put two to three thousand miles a year on it, at least.

Last edited:
I got what I still consider a good assessment of the market for our stuff when I bought GTX number 3 in 1991. The gentleman I bought it from was a GM collector with a 25 car stable. He was marketing the GTX as a favor to the original owner, whom he'd known as a neighbor growing up. "Buy a good quality car that you really like, and someone else will probably feel the same. If you choose well, you may do as well as a money market fund." This was in reference to mainstream vehicles like SS396s, GTOs, non Hemi B bodies. Seven years later, I sold that GTX for exactly what I paid for it, but I'd done nothing to it other than replace the starter, change oil, and add Magnum 500s. I loved every mile I drove in that car, 6000 of them.
I use to buy and save EVERYTHING and pray it would be with me to look at when I get real old. Not only that, but two or three of each was even better. I don't have the time or the room for that bullshit anymore. My 65 was not for sale when I bought it and I don't care if I paid to much for it or not. He threw out a figure and I threw down the money. It's TOD'ed to someone, if it makes it.

If selling them at the end is as hard as it is now, I'd rather stick my money in a low cost index fund haha. Selling my clone is probably one of the hardest cars I've sold.

Auto Transport Service
Back