• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sometimes it's hard to let stuff go

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
so I had a couple of surprise expenses pop up and figured it might be a good time to go through my pile and see what I can let go to raise a little cash.....

things I've had for decades, stuff I had plans for back in the day; but those plans never materialized........I'm pretty sure most of us have been there

anyway......... I have this Holley 650 Double Pumper, I bought it in 1982 when I was 17.

I Ran it on my first hotrod, a 68 Chevelle 350 4 speed...... then on a ratty 68 vette convertible, 4 speed, chrome side pipes....... after that I let my buddy use it on his 390 4 sp AMX; that car eventually became mine.......... it also ran on my other friend's Rebel Machine 390 4 speed; it also ended up being mine.......

I don't think I've looked at it since 2007 when things got put into my shipping container that is attached to my shop........ well, today I brought it out into the light

it's not a rare piece, I know someone would gimme a couple hundred bucks for it, and I know I can always get another one if I so desired.......

but I just don't think I can let it go; I'd sooner pimp out the old lady :D

Just don't lend it anyone else to try Mark, you can't afford another car :lol:

probably the only Holley I ever had that was worth a damn :blah:

They're actually going to break it in on their 650 DP dyno carb.

she still sexy after all these years..... I lubed her up a little :monkeyleft:

IMG_20240509_204941642_HDR.jpg

so I had a couple of surprise expenses pop up and figured it might be a good time to go through my pile and see what I can let go to raise a little cash.....

things I've had for decades, stuff I had plans for back in the day; but those plans never materialized........I'm pretty sure most of us have been there

anyway......... I have this Holley 650 Double Pumper, I bought it in 1982 when I was 17.

I Ran it on my first hotrod, a 68 Chevelle 350 4 speed...... then on a ratty 68 vette convertible, 4 speed, chrome side pipes....... after that I let my buddy use it on his 390 4 sp AMX; that car eventually became mine.......... it also ran on my other friend's Rebel Machine 390 4 speed; it also ended up being mine.......

I don't think I've looked at it since 2007 when things got put into my shipping container that is attached to my shop........ well, today I brought it out into the light

it's not a rare piece, I know someone would gimme a couple hundred bucks for it, and I know I can always get another one if I so desired.......

but I just don't think I can let it go; I'd sooner pimp out the old lady :D
Can you post a picture of her? LOL

Never let go of a carb that works properly,sell your body like manwhore RC! He's humping fat chicks,and buying Hemi's ,Hellcats, and GT 40s!

bought that baby at Mr Auto in the Berlin Farmer's Market....... I wonder how much it cost back then? I'm thinking 135 bucks?

I have stuff that I’ve set aside to sell at swap meets but now I am thinking of keeping. Some stuff you’d sell for $50 costs you $100 to buy again later. If you have the room to store it, I like to keep it.

I have stuff that I’ve set aside to sell at swap meets but now I am thinking of keeping. Some stuff you’d sell for $50 costs you $100 to buy again later. If you have the room to store it, I like to keep it.

I have stuff I know I'll never use....... I may never use this carb again, but it ain't going anywhere

You knows whut you got!
:D

Auto Transport Service
Back