Sometimes the cheater bar is not enough.

Shop, Garage and Tools

1. bm02tj

bm02tj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:42 AM
    except the left hand thread on the odd cast iron rad

I have used rope with as many loops I can get then twisted with another wrench

2. Fran Blacker

Fran Blacker FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    6:42 AM
    Made a rig to do that, pictures on another computer very similar only had to use my axles. Couple hours to make, 5 minutes to line up splines. Geezus.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Osoroho

Osoroho Member

Local Time:
      5:42 AM
      Commode tank lever left hand thread an old plumber lol

• Agree Agree x 2
      • 1 Wild R/T

1 Wild R/T FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        3:42 AM
        Years ago I was working on a large hydraulic accumulator, the discharge had a bolted flange, a ball valve & 2 1/2" threaded fittings.... As part of the O/H I needed to disassemble al the plumbing, clean out the old sealer & apply new... I had the accumulator chained down in a 12' x 3' steel bed so it wasn't going anywhere... I'd been using a 36" pipe wrench & things wouldn't budge.... I added a 36" cheater, gave it a few pretty good pulls & nothing was moving... Being pipe thread I expected when things started to move it would be a gradual (controlled) reduction of torque.. I set the pipe wrench & bar up so the pull point was above my head about 2' & applied my full weight to the bar.... Suddenly I had a length of pipe trying to go through my head.... The pipe thread never budged.. But I neglected to notice the machined thread where the valve was assembled.... Lesson learned... Pay more attention... Luckily I was able to mostly catch the pipe, it barely touched my head....

• Bb70charger500

Bb70charger500 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        6:42 AM
        I had a hyd cly once that refused to let the nut loose! I set it up on my bench vise used a skid steer to hold table down then used a back hoe to loosen nut! My boss walked out of office in the middle of this. Took a picture then went back in !
        We got a hyd nut remover shipped up from a different shop I guess safety man saw picture and told them to get me proper tooling!!!!

Used a track hoe to loosen it's own track bolts out on side of road

• mopar26

mopar26 Member

Local Time:
        5:42 AM
        • Like Like x 1
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.