• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sound German Automotive kit with Mopar harness and NAG1

dickdale

Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
I'm in the progress of getting the final things done before driving my 70's Satellite. It has a 2014 6.4 Hemi engine, a 2006 NAG1 transmission and I'm using the Mopar Harness kit with the Sound German Automotive kit.

I've connected the canbus wiring (canbus high and low) from the SGA kit to the STAR connector from the Mopar Harness kit so they can communicate. The tone ring and sensor are installed on the trans.

Yesterday i've connect a laptop to the SGA kit and used the software that comes with the kit. I've pressed the "Monitor" button and the software shows a live feed of the transmission. You can also see the TPS data. When pressing the gas pedal (DBW) the voltage didn't change. Does anybody know what it can be?

Also I want to have the reverse/backup lights to work when shifting into R. Does anybody know which PWM or wire I can use to engage the lights?

I've asked Russell already and he told me to contact Dings Car Care which I purchased the kit from. Russell redirected me to them when I bought his kit. Haven't got an answer yet but I want to know some of ou experience on the install of your kit.

ok - I'll ask the stupid question first... I'm assuming the DBW accelerator peddle is actually working and you see the TPS % change and the engine responds accordingly?

No such thing as stupid questions.

That's the strange thing. When pressing the gas pedal the voltage doesn't change. Haven't run the engine yet because my headers are at the coater.

:)

Interesting. ok.. a few more questions if I may...

-Is it a Lokar peddle or a SGA, or other?
-Are you testing the voltage with a meter directly on the peddle, the wire ends, or are you seeing no change in TPS% and voltage on your laptop?
-When monitoring with the laptop, are you seeing other sensors working (i.e., CTS, MAP, etc.)?

It's the gas pedal that came with the Mopar Harness Kit.

I've driven the car last year but with a different transmission and replaced it with the NAG1 this year. Therefore ordered the SGA kit. No change on the laptop.
There are several sensors working on the laptop.

So, without getting sucked into the vortex of wiring death :)... my initial gut reaction is there's an issue with the STAR connector. I suspect a configuration of the connector - or even a bent/loose pin - that is messing with the peddle.

Basically, the peddle works with the Mopar wire harness... so the only change is the SGA kit and that boils down to the STAR connector.

Do you have a terminal map/document for the connector from SGA? If the connector is grounded incorrectly or just the wrong pin - which is likely - then the peddle will look dead.

Auto Transport Service
Back