• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for "chrome" plating hard plastic armrest plinths

69 Charger

Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
Mopar Maniacs -

My '69 Dodge Charger is under restoration. The armrest plinths for the doors and rear seat are "chrome"-plated hard plastic. Mine have weathered to yellow. Does anyone know of a place that can restore the plating on these?

Thanks,

Vacumn Orna-metal they do great work. I thinks there’s also members here that also do it for you.

Vacuum Ornamental is good. However, I would check prices though - replica are available for most B-Body models and may not be much if any more verses replacing old ones.

Reproduction are excellent but them

The reproductions are good quality and I would bet far cheaper than having yours redone.

I sprayed mine with rattle can chrome paint. They look great, but depends on your level of restoration. Mine was a driver quality restoration and not show quality.

I bought mine from Vans, but measure yours, because I think they have different sizes.

764C1C23-A727-4F8D-8EBF-610806007EB1.jpeg

Plinth: Base or pedestal. I’m here to learn.

Vacuum Ornamental is good. However, I would check prices though - replica are available for most B-Body models and may not be much if any more verses replacing old ones.
Well, I'm the original owner of the car and I'm sorta attached to the original parts. Thanks for the source. I found them on the internet and sent an inquiry, but so far haven't received a response. I thought I would check here in the meantime.

Here's how mine come up as a home job.
20181011_143839.jpg
20181011_152134.jpg
20181012_180029.jpg
20181012_180019.jpg

Well, I'm the original owner of the car and I'm sorta attached to the original parts. Thanks for the source. I found them on the internet and sent an inquiry, but so far haven't received a response. I thought I would check here in the meantime.
I agree, If I was the originally owner, I’ll want every original part still on it.

I bought mine from Vans, but measure yours, because I think they have different sizes.

[/URL][/URL]
70-charger-c-body-2door/[/URL]
Those might fit the armrests for the doors, although I measure it to be more like 10" for the pad. I need all four, for doors and rear seats.
I wanted all my originals redone so i payed also.
Who did yours, when, and what was the cost, if I may ask?

That looks like a pretty decent job. Hard to tell from the photos, but they look more "satin" finish than shiny chrome, like the originals were. Probably not possible to get that with paint.
Yeah chrome paint is really like an extra shiny silver - you'll never see your reflection in it, that's for sure.
I just love restoring stuff when I can instead of replacing.

Vacu ornamental few years ago, worked with frank back then since read he passed. Then he did my dash clusters came out looking amazing 5 hundred pre Covid. But I still feel like you I would pay to have my originals on my car but that’s me.

Auto Transport Service
Back