• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"South of the Border" 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus

Dibbons

Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
Local Mexican mechanic here in La Paz, BCS, Mexico just gave me a call this AM and told me his SSP was back from the paint shop (GF7 Sherwood Green). I ran right over to check it out:

Highlights: 318 V8, column shift 904 automatic, bucket seats (no console), clock, inside hood release, LH painted racing mirror (missing), manual drum brakes (finned drums), power steering, strato-air ventilation, AM radio, roof drip moldings, wide sill moldings, emissions, Los Angeles assembly, sold car. 42,093 odometer reading. Front license plate frame "Hollister" (California). Rear license plate frame "Pep Boys". Calif Blue/Yellow Plate: 250 CWH

The passenger side exhaust manifold appeared to still have the heat crossover valve installed and intact. I had previously believed that all Satellite Sebring Plus models had disc brakes, but this model proved me wrong. Unlike the '72 and later models, I noticed the inside trunk lid has the cutouts for the optional spoiler package. And unlike the '72 and later models, the front turn signal lenses are clear, not yellow (looks like yellow lamps inside). Spare tire and jack missing (typical).

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a clean body…

While certainly different things, I am reminded of this bumper sticker by the title of this thread (which would probably look good on the bumper, under a taillight)

download.jpg

Something wrong on buckets... I think backs are switched. No release back button on passenger bucket at least.

Nice car thought, althought I will never understand a car with an empty space between buckets... buddy seat at least :p

Something wrong on buckets... I think backs are switched. No release back button on passenger bucket at least.

Nice car thought, althought I will never understand a car with an empty space between buckets... buddy seat at least :p

Beer cooler?

Yea, that's about the bottom of the line for an SSP I have seen. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing the info.

If that was an original accessory , it would give everyone here even MORE reason to love mopar.

Auto Transport Service
Back