• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spark plugs for a stock 383?

SteveSS

Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
I have a stock 383 in our 1969 Charger SE. I haven't pulled them yet so I don't know what's in it. the only modification is going from a 2 bbl to a 4 bbl. I searched and all the other threads are someone with significant mods. I'm not trying to cheap out but I don't need something I don't need either. If one type is better and has a better gap I'm all for it.

Champion RC12YC works great for the street. That's what I have in my 383.

Last edited:
Mopars like Champions! Nothing fancy needed. RC 12 YC. Gap might depend on your ignition system.

Champion RC-12YC is a 3/4" reach plug....perhaps you should consider Champion RJ-12YC a 3/8" reach or Champion J-11Y or Mopar P34P (made by Chsmpion) which were origional . But if your car was a 2 bbl 383 cubic inch engine, then the or origional plug was likely to be Champion J-13Y or Mopar P35P. The difference between an origional 383 cubic inch engine with a 2 bbl and the 383 cubic inch 4 bbl HP engine was the cam shaft and compression ratio.
BOB RENTON

Champion RC-12YC is a 3/4" reach plug....perhaps you should consider Champion RJ-12YC a 3/8" reach or Champion J-11Y or Mopar P34P (made by Chsmpion) which were origional . But if your car was a 2 bbl 383 cubic inch engine, then the or origional plug was likely to be Champion J-13Y or Mopar P35P. The difference between an origional 383 cubic inch engine with a 2 bbl and the 383 cubic inch 4 bbl HP engine was the cam shaft and compression ratio.
BOB RENTON
I was thinking it was RJ12YC.

P5270021.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back