• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed Channel

mrkinger

Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
What is happening with speed channel are we losing it

Ya mean its gone,is anything going to replace it,?

My Classic Car is now on MAV TV. Don't know if anything else will follow.

It's been completely gone since the 17th of August, it's been pretty bad way before that too, soon after Fox Sports took over/purchased it, then started the transition to faze out the racing, automotive programming for the most part, it's just another form of Sportscenter type programming now, yet just another stick & ball sports channel now, but by FOX Sports 1 to compete with the ESPN networks, supposedly a few of the old shows & programing, will possibly go over to the Discovery & Velocity Channel Network, I read somewhere... oh well what can you do

Ya mean its gone,is anything going to replace it,?

fox sports one (FS1) down here. i guess they are trying to compete with ESPN and pretty much eliminated all motorsports but the "left-turn only" circuit. velocity channel is our only hope now...

Speed Channel is gone, replaced by Fox Sports 1, an ESPN wannabe. With all the stupid crap that's on the almost 200 channels that I get there's not room for Speed Channel? How many damn shopping networks do we need?

What we need is a channel that just shows an old man sitting on his steps whittling on a piece of wood with his trusted dog at his side. I would pay for that channel before I would watch some of the ones that are on TV now. Do the cable & satellite companies really think people like watching some of the stuff that's shown on these junk networks? I thought the idea was to promote programming to get more people to watch their network. Seems all the sitcoms have been replaced with reality shows also. I don't see anything real on reality shows anyway.

I all but cancelled cable several months back,then a few months ago all done.Only things I missed were Speed and Velocity,some news,but it's all redundant BS anyway. I have an HD antenna that's less than stellar,I need to get an outdoor antenna.I work in the shop late and don't watch much TV anymore,none this summer! At $100+ a month,for the little I did watch was not worth it to me.I used to watch Nascar a bit,or at least have it as back round noise,no Mopars this year so WGAF! I have no need to see anchors,ovals,and rice race each other,it's like watching the slow race at a bike rally.

I think Spike picked up Gears and the Hot Rod TV group or maybe it's always been on Spike. I just set things to record I don't even know what channels are which.

Anyone know where we can view "My Classic Car" or 2 Guys Garage now?

I haven't seen either one listed, since the Speed channel died

- - - Updated - - -

I think Spike picked up Gears and the Hot Rod TV group or maybe it's always been on Spike. I just set things to record I don't even know what channels are which.

yeah the Sunday morning line up & some really late-nite, 9am-12pm Spike TV Powerblock hosted by Courtney Hanson too, Extreme 4x4, Horsepower TV, Muscle Car, Trucks... I always liked Hot-Rod TV & the show Rides too, I wonder if it will come back on Spike or Velocity, allot of them supposedly will be re-run on Velocity, I've seen a Overhaulin on there too...

I'm about to dump cable TV too....tired of the junk equipment failures and on and on. Dumbcast sucks!

:iamwithstupid: I see Monster Garage {not my favorite show}, is on CMT Country Music Television lately too, brings back old memories... remember the old Diamond P Sports racing/automotive programs ??, Brent Kepner & Steve Jones, it was almost the only automotive/racing related programming years ago, on the old "The Nashville Network", long before it all became Spike TV....

I think "we", the hobby, are destined to be pushed to the internet only. Apparently there just aren't enough people watching our types of shows to justify an all car related channel. It is a shame. Heck the shows I watched were helping educate not only me, but my wife as well, on cars. She has picked up a lot of ability to identify various makes and models just from watching the various programs. The saddest part to me, is I personally couldn't care less about any other sports whatsoever. Ya I know I'm weird, but I don't watch any of them. Cars are my sport. Speed is still on my TV for now, but when it goes, I likely won't bother scrolling through 3 or 4 different channels to find 1 or 2 shows that are erratically placed amongst stuff I don't like. Speed is a "turn it on and leave it on" channel for me. OK rant over!

Auto Transport Service
Back