• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Speedo gear housing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what your rear tire height and rearend ratio is? I think I have a 26 and remember wondering what possible combo that was for.

28" and a hair more comes out to a 25 tooth gear. Have a 26 now and it reads about 5 mph fast but the faster you go the more it reads higher. I have 276s the 26 maybe for a 294s.

28" and a hair more comes out to a 25 tooth gear. Have a 26 now and it reads about 5 mph fast but the faster you go the more it reads higher. I have 276s the 26 maybe for a 294s.
Gotcha, I have always had 3.23 - 3.91 ratios so never a need for anything that small. I just went out a looked through my drawer of gears to be sure, but 26 is the lowest # I have. I see Brewers sells 24 and 25's. From all my messing around with them, it seems that a 1 tooth variation will change the speedo reading 1-2 mph @ 60mph. Their chart shows that you should need a 26, but I have found that is not always set in stone.

The special offset housing takes a 21 24 25. they are out there but hard to find. Probably from a 904 behind a S/6 and 245s. I just don't like looking a a GPS on the phone, my attention span is short enough. Just old and set in my ways. The hunt continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back