• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Speedometer and heater fan switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

383MovingViolation

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Do anyone have a speedometer for my 1966 Satellite? Mine started jumping all over the place and I don't know what's wrong with it so I guess I will change it. I also busted the heater switch when I was pulling the dash out so I need that too. Thanks for any help. :icon_winkle:

The first thing I would do would be to pull the speedometer cable and lube it, try again. If the cable is the cause of the jumping, your next speedometer will have the same problem.

betting the bearing in the speedo head is bad

which heater switch you need?? factory AC car or not?

I did lube the speedo cable and that is not the problem. It had been working just fine then it just started to bounce all over the place. I pulled the dash out to get to the speedo and it seems to be tight when I spin it.. Do you think it's repairable? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

The switch is for a non-air car. It had probably never been disconnected since the car was new and when I tried to disconnect it, rather then come unplugged, the whole switch came apart. I wasn't happy about that but things happen. Now I need another switch. Do you think, if the bearing is tight in the speedo, could I just lube it up ? Thanks

I've got a whole 66 speedo cluster with all the switches intact, headlamp, wiper, heater, speedo turns freely $100 plus shp if your interested.
russ

Yes, I'm interested in this part. Can you send me a few pictures? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back