• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Speedometer drive pinions....have 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Ratios are 28 (1), 29 (3), 30 (1), 32 (4). All are in good usable condition. $12.50 each shipped to all 50 states or 40 bucks for all plus 6.80 shipping

Last edited:
I'd like to get the right one for mine, but don't know which one?
I have 3.55 gears.

I'd like to get the right one for mine, but don't know which one?
I have 3.55 gears.
The right one depends on your tire diameter and even then it can be hit or miss. I wish the charts would go by actual tire 'roll out'....the distance the tire actually goes in one revolution.
http://www.mymopar.com/speedometer.htm

The right one depends on your tire diameter and even then it can be hit or miss. I wish the charts would go by actual tire 'roll out'....the distance the tire actually goes in one revolution.
http://www.mymopar.com/speedometer.htm
Well, I just measured the old fashioned way, from floor to center of wheel hub = 13".
26" OD with 3.55's means 2538936(Red) gear.
Oh well. Thanks anyways, Cranky. :)

I want the 39.
How do I go about purchasing this from you?

I used an Excel sheet for the gearing. Excel says I need 32 and mymopar says 33? Guessing 1 tooth isn't make a huge difference.

Hmmm...don't know how to attach that Excel file.

I used an Excel sheet for the gearing. Excel says I need 32 and mymopar says 33? Guessing 1 tooth isn't make a huge difference.

Hmmm...don't know how to attach that Excel file.
About a 3% difference. At 60 mph, that would mean about 1.8 mph either way. Rather have mine read a hair faster than slower....

Still ave a few....uh....most of em :D

Still ave a few....uh....most of em :D

Got the pinion from Cranky on Saturday. Looks like new, hopefully can get it installed Tuesday.
Thanks again for the great service!

Got the pinion from Cranky on Saturday. Looks like new, hopefully can get it installed Tuesday.
Thanks again for the great service!
Thanks! Just make sure you clock the adapter in the right position for that ratio. Many think that all you have to do is stick it in and don't pay attention to the alignment marks on the adapter for the different ranges of ratios.....and when that happens, it tears them up.

Thanks! Just make sure you clock the adapter in the right position for that ratio. Many think that all you have to do is stick it in and don't pay attention to the alignment marks on the adapter for the different ranges of ratios.....and when that happens, it tears them up.

Yes sir...on the correct clocking.

I have 4.10 gears on 275/15 wheels. If I did the match correctly (always a challenge for me) then I need a 39 tooth gear. Do you have any of these left, if so I'm interested.

Just swapped the pinion at lunch. For the first time in 24 years I've have a speedo that's correct! Amazing how the little tweaks are the most gratifying. LOL
Speedo reads 30mph and my phone app says 28/29. Good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back