• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiders in my shop

Are these General looking scorpions poisonous? I’m not gonna intentionally find out, but just curious.

It's really not that bad here in Australia.
This is a mid-sized spider I had in my office - they love to hide in the files so I'm always wary when I open them. They also like to hide behind your sun visor in the car. You're driving down the road, pull the visor down and the spider jumps out on you! A few crashes caused by this over the years.
20220608_095323.jpg

we have some pretty big garden spiders, but I never seen anything like that black mofo around here before

i cropped the pic, the other one didnt do him justice

IMG_20230920_021226965.jpg

Wow! 11 pages of spider and spider ️ stories, and other bugs and wildlife too! Mopar on!
I’ve found by chance (need at the moment) that Simple Green will knock down a mosquito! I will have to try it out on a spider!

Talked to a guy that works for a pest company. He told me to get these two things. It's the same stuff they use but charges the consumer to apply (labor). I got the same stuff on Amazon and WORKS great. One is "PT 211L" for inside house along baseboards, ect and it works on any thing else that I found and drops critters dead instantly. The other is pictured below. Get a sparayer, mix with water and a small amount of the product, shake and apply around house and inside garage. All I see is dead carcasses after applying regularly

View attachment 1527833
Fastcap Onslaught is excellent IMHO

I'm recently very interested in this. I was wondering if people often fog-machine their garage to look for leaks or if there are companies to deal with this - I get a lot of spider webs etc... but thats not the part that is bothering me. Something is shitting little white poops all over the place. I get little white dots on everything around my shop. So I'm wanting to seal things up. I live in the Raleigh NC area, if anybody knows the culprit for these little white dots let me know. I assume some type of spider.

They have to be coming in at the garage doors. I can't see anywhere else they would.

Wow! 11 pages of spider and spider ️ stories, and other bugs and wildlife too! Mopar on!
I’ve found by chance (need at the moment) that Simple Green will knock down a mosquito! I will have to try it out on a spider!

I knock flies out of the air with windex, and they never get up

I recently sprayed my house - the cobwebs - with a Kiwi made product called Ripcord.

I haven't seen a single spider since. Now I can go around and clean the webs off.

I always tell the wife....... "you're never more than 5 feet from a spider" :lol:

A friend of mine bought a car in Vegas, many years ago. It was winter, and he put it in his shop to start the resto. After a couple days of heat, he had hundreds of Black-Widow spiders hatching and running all over his garage/shop. He was freaking out and calling everybody he could think of. Finally, a pet shop owner came out to catch as many as he could. After most were captured, he bug bombed the shop repeatedly. He got paid for them.

A friend of mine bought a car in Vegas, many years ago. It was winter, and he put it in his shop to start the resto. After a couple days of heat, he had hundreds of Black-Widow spiders hatching and running all over his garage/shop. He was freaking out and calling everybody he could think of. Finally, a pet shop owner came out to catch as many as he could. After most were captured, he bug bombed the shop repeatedly. He got paid for them.

almost like finding money in the glove box.......almost

The best stuff I've found is Bifen IT, it has about 30% active ingredient instead of the watered down garbage that most places sell. I had to get mine from a guy that a license for buying fertilizer & insectiside, he was a legit landscaper. Problem solved !

Auto Transport Service
Back