• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Split bench seat fitment/Good price to pay

RockyPat

Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 1971 Charger that came with a front bench seat.

I am looking to either convert to bucket seats or a split-bench seat like this one on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255059785681?hash=item3b62bf77d1:g:dNkAAOSwoBtW5Fpj

Do 1971-1974 bucket seats between Dodge and Plymouth fit interchangeably throughout these years? I know that I would have to drill into my floorboard to fit the bucket seats.

Do 1971-1974 split-bench seats between Dodge and Plymouth fit the same between these years? I know that the split-bench seat gets thicker in later years from what I have seen, but I am sure that this can be changed with correct seat foam.

If I got a split-bench seat for my car, would I have to create anymore holes or would the seat fit into my existing bench seat holes?

Is this a fair price to pay for a seat like this?

What is a fair price to pay for bucket seats (pair)?

Any recommendations?

Many thanks.

Cars with factory bucket seats had reinforcement plates welded to the floor beside transmission tunnel for the inside bucket seat frame bolts. Failure to do this strengthening will eventually lead to a crack in your floor pan.

Thanks for the information. I did not know this. I will make sure to keep that in mind when considering seats.

Auto Transport Service
Back