• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spot blasters

coronet340

Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
i am looking at these two as in they are right at the top of my budget. i'm not doing the whole car. just the small spots and hard to reach spots.
i plan on using a recycled 30/70 medium media that is silica free. nothern has is in local stock for 9.99 a 50# bag.

this one is from northern tool. and is in local stock.
155340_700x700.jpg
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_17798_17798

this is from eastwood. its the same price within a dollar but they won't give me shipping cost until AFTER i purchase which i do not like. not a fan of shipping surprises like most of y'all.
p42403.jpg
http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-100lb-pressure-abrasive-blaster.html

- - - Updated - - -

if anybody has other basters inside the $200 range i am always open to suggestions.

I have that style blaster and it works well, but makes a big mess and takes a while to fill.

Call them up and ask for shipping quote. Unless it's free shipping I'm all about keeping the tax dollars local!

Agreed, unless you have plenty of cfm I wouldn't even bother. Even running two 17cfm compressors I still have to stop and wait on them to catch up, real PITA. I won't even do my own blasting anymore because it's so messy and slow going, I do keep a little hand held blaster around to get into the occasional hard to reach spots. Not trying to deter you but cfm is everything when blasting, the guy that does mine uses a big diesel powered screw compressor. Enjoy

I have one similar to the red one above. Got it at my local Tractor supply Store. Works pretty good once you learn how to adjust the flow valves properly.

You don't have to actually BUY the product to get the shipping costs, but you do have to fill out the order completely and then they'll give you the final tally including S&H. If you don't like the cost just don't hit the "confirm" or "submit" button and cancel the order.

I also think one of the self-contained handheld blasters would work for you. Unless you have a 2-stage compressor the larger units will just piss you off.

i have a 11.5 cfm at 90 psi 60 gal that i have a dry air set up on. i'm not going to be doing serious blasting, just those weird spots on my car that i am worried about. too deep for sanding but just small enough not to be a huge concern.

Harbor freight has a cheap one I use for like 75 bucks. Kinda like the red one you posted. But for sure tou need MEGA cfm.

I had one of those, and honestly, for the amount of trouble and lost media during setup, it wasn't that much better than a gravity feed. Disclaimer- I have a 32 CFM compressor, so maybe I wasn't seeing the pressure from the "pot" as much of an increase in total force.

As others have said, yes you need some serious cfm if you are going to hose things off with pro level speed/efficiency. Like 185+ CFM.

I'll be at about 42/45 CFM after I pair up the second compressor I'm adding. That will limit me to 1/8" to 3/16" nozzles on pressure feed systems. (to me that means start with 1/8" nozzles and throw them away after they wear past 3/16")

The pros, like our resident Donny probably shoot well above 1/4" nozzles.

never seen one of those. pretty cool!! do you have any experience with em?
That's the same one I have....very handy. Yes, there's no way to recapture the media. I always use mine outside anyway and ya can't hardly GO through enuff media to matter. I bought mine when I was doing some rear suspension work to blast the crusties offa my small parts (I mean the CAR's small parts) and it worked great. Wear gloves, eye protection, and a hat. That **** goes everywhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back