FOR SALE Square D breakers

Other Stuff For Sale

1. Dodge33

Dodge33 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:16 PM
    Contact Seller
    Hey everybody, we have some square D breakers for a Homeline Square D electrical box.
    there are several in this box including:
    15 amp
    20 amp
    and 3-4 220 volt breakers. These are brand new, just a little dusty from sitting. 2.00 each plus actual shipping. Thanks for looking! Dodge33

2. 440Coronet500

440Coronet500 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:16 PM
    Interested, I need to check which box I have. 440'

3. hunt2elk

hunt2elk FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I agree. Major quality difference between the original Square D QO breakers and panels and the newer cheaper Homeline version. No comparison really.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 67 Mopar

67 Mopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      QO has always been the industry standard. Just look at the panels in any store, shop or other business. The bright orange flag also makes it easy to spot which breaker has tripped in a large panel full of breakers.

The Homeline version is exactly that, breakers designed to fit your average home owners panel.

• RJRENTON

RJRENTON FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I don't believe the Square D Homeline and the Square D QO series do not interchange. The stabs that connect the breakers to the buss bars and mounting rails are different. For the $$$ difference is nominal so for my installation I'll use the QO panels and breakers. And as a side bar consideration, Square D QO panels use to have, as an option, FUSED mains in lieu of the main breaker. In this instance, I used 200 amp TIME DELAY CURRANT LIMITING FUSES similar to BUSS JJN-200 AMP 250 VOLT CLASS T fuse. Because all utilities are connected together, the available short circuit asymmetrical current is very high and current limiting fuses can stop the high current flow. Just my opinion of course. BTW....I'm a registered Professional Electrical Engineer and know my subject quite well.
      BOB RENTON

• lanceh13

lanceh13 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      7:16 PM
      Bob, you are correct they are not interchangeable and sadly we do not offer fusible mains on residential products anymore. I work primarily in the 480V and above side of things so I had to lean on my resi products counterpart.

We may have taken this thread off course a little bit...I got distracted when I saw Square D being talked about among the car topics so I had to jump in. :)

• RJRENTON

RJRENTON FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I guess I got side tracked a little also.....I too also worked in industry with many different voltages including 208Y/120v, 480Y/277v, 480v Delta also open Delta, and high voltage at both transmission and distribution levels up to 138kV and 250 volt DC for overhead cranes and material handling equipment and megawattage high current SCR controlled DC power supplies on chlor-alkali electrolytic cells used to produce chlorine and sodium hydroxide by electrolysis of salt water. Anyway......sorry for the digression.
      BOB RENTON

• 67 Mopar

67 Mopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Ayuh, as stated above... Homeline and QO are not interchangeable... to different animals.
      Homeline breakers will interchange with a few other manufactures home owners panels, but QO will not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.