• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stage VI Max Wedge rocker question

The “Super Victor” is the MW offering from Edelbrock.
I haven’t personally used one of those on anything myself.

Just keep in mind, like I said previously, any intake other than a dedicated stage 6 manifold will need spacers be used between the manifold and heads, if you’re using an RB block.
They’re going to be about 3/4” thick.
MP used to sell them....... might be able to find some if you dig around.
Just keep in mind you’ll need the MW sized version.

Without the spacers , the mismatch will be the same as trying to run a 383 manifold on a 440.

If you go the spacer route(as opposed to the stage 6 intake), my preference is to mount the spacers to the heads, and port/flow the heads with the spacers in place.

The two MP stage 6 intake part numbers(the number in the catalog and on the box......not to be confused with the number cast/etched onto the manifold) are:
P4876128 for a 4150 carb
P4876129 for a 4500 carb

View attachment 1285152

After doing a little digging, it appears as though the part number P4876129 intake would have the number “P4532758” on the manifold itself.
The P4876128 has number “P4532757” on it.

Thanks. I will probably have to go the spacer route as I figure those intakes may be a little tough to find.

GTX John has a Stage 6 440 Manifold for sale in the race classifieds.
Doug

Bought this New 20 some years ago.
Brand New = Virgin and untouched or mods!
Mopar Performance Stage 6 Intake
For Stage VI Mopar heads ONLY!
Built in Valley Pan
Much easier than spacers and more efficient
I Sold the Duster before I ever changed
the Intake from spacers.

$375.00
Sorry = Firm Price

1214823-0b04275b4f0c17cf72625ba74514b1e4.jpg
1214824-2d7e7fe8d59d0ebc4583c55d2a13bced.jpg

The dedicated stage VI RB manifold is usually marketed as a rare bird, but there are many out there in circulation......because when MP discontinued them, they blew them out for like 80 bucks apiece......then many, many buyers were disappointed the part wouldn't work with 906s or whatever stock head/they didn't investigate the part before buying.

I'd venture a guess there are probably hundreds of those sitting on folks' shelves out there, waiting for a build that will either never happen, or a build that will result in the intake not fitting because of heads other than stage VI being used......

GTX John has a Stage 6 440 Manifold for sale in the race classifieds.
Doug

Bought this New 20 some years ago.
Brand New = Virgin and untouched or mods!
Mopar Performance Stage 6 Intake
For Stage VI Mopar heads ONLY!
Built in Valley Pan
Much easier than spacers and more efficient
I Sold the Duster before I ever changed
the Intake from spacers.

$375.00
Sorry = Firm Price

View attachment 1286698 View attachment 1286699
Still need spacers with an RB block. It is standard port size. The intake he needs for max wedge ports is know as the 337 intake. There has been a wanted ad up here for a long time as a guy is looking to buy one. Kim

Thanks for the info guys. These Mopar rockers be ok or should I drop the coin on Harland Sharp’s?
I didn’t have offset rockers but my mp rocker we’re on for 20 years with over 700 pound open spring pressure on stage 6 heads. Many 7000 rpm shift s and lots of 8000 with the nos. Their still excellent shape. Kim

Kim, the dedicated stage 6 intake only fits stage 6 heads on an RB block. No spacers required.
There are 4 versions:
-std port/4150(P5249358)
-std port/4500(P4876127)
-MW port/4150(P4876128)
-MW port/4500(P4876129)

The 337 intake(P4876337) is intended for heads other than stage 6’s with MW ports, being used on RB blocks.
I suppose it could also be used on MW port stage 6 heads being used on a low deck block, but the built in valley cover wouldn’t seal against the China wall.
You would have to use the intake spacers to use it on stage 6 heads on an RB block.

** numbers in () are “part numbers”....... the number in the catalog and on the box.
It is different than the “casting number” that’s on the manifold.

Last edited:
Still need spacers with an RB block. It is standard port size. The intake he needs for max wedge ports is know as the 337 intake. There has been a wanted ad up here for a long time as a guy is looking to buy one. Kim
I gave the wrong info in post 25. U do not need the spacer per PRH. Thanks Dwayne. Kim

Got these bad boys from Dave at KG Engines last week. They look gorgeous and the flow numbers are better than I was expecting out them honestly. He does beautiful work

FD1F75C6-6544-43B7-83B0-F2C7D710D35E.jpeg

D63BF6BC-FEF7-461C-BCC7-F278F4A7728F.jpeg

F9D1E513-6BD7-4751-B29E-B2EF11B74E04.jpeg

Look great!!

Let’s see the flow numbers.

If the chamber volume hasn’t been “set” yet(as part of the rework), you should have it checked.
Looks like a fair amount of material has been removed.
That, and as they come ootb, stage 6 chamber volumes can vary greatly.

:usflag:

Last edited:
Look great!!

Let’s see the flow numbers.

If the chamber volume hasn’t been “set” yet(as part of the rework), you should have it checked.
Looks like a fair amount of material has been removed.
That, and as they come ootb, stage 6 chamber volumes can vary greatly.

:usflag:
at .750 lift they flow 335 and .224 exhaust. Nothing earth shattering but considering what I have invested in them it’s hard to complain.

Nice numbers!!

As cast, those heads have huge guide bosses.
One nice thing with the cnc is you can push the guides out, and let the machine just mow those big bosses right outta there.

Last edited:
Nice numbers!!

As cast, those heads have huge guide bosses.
One nice thing with the cnc is you can push the guides out, and let the machine just mow those big bosses right outta there.
I still can’t decide whether I want to run these rockers or not though. Nothing at all wrong with them other than they are used, but I may go with a new set of Harland Sharp’s
B716F997-8ECB-46FA-9636-31AC9B6FCEB9.jpeg

Depending on what you do for a cam/springs, the MP rockers are either suitable........ or not.

If they are suitable........ then I guess it just depends on how much you want some shiny new HS sitting on those heads.

Depending on what you do for a cam/springs, the MP rockers are either suitable........ or not.

If they are suitable........ then I guess it just depends on how much you want some shiny new HS sitting on those heads.
Guess I will talk my builder and see what he thinks. I just like the idea of running something I can get spares for if one breaks is all. These aren’t available anymore.

If you haven't found an intake yet, hit me up. I have one that I would let go cheap. It was port matched and cleaned up by Angelluci that was mentioned previously so you could get the spacers from them if needed. I sold my heads a while back and the buyer didn't want the intake. It is for a 4500 but was modified to have a 4150 bolted on.

If you haven't found an intake yet, hit me up. I have one that I would let go cheap. It was port matched and cleaned up by Angelluci that was mentioned previously so you could get the spacers from them if needed. I sold my heads a while back and the buyer didn't want the intake. It is for a 4500 but was modified to have a 4150 bolted on.
I bought one already. Thanks though

Auto Transport Service
Back