• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

standard or mushroom lifters

thanks for the reply but im going to pass as im looking at a 620 roller thanks for the time

thanks for the reply but im going to pass as im looking at a 620 roller thanks for the time
Good luck with the roller cam. Sure many available. I guess I lucked out with my GK mushroom. My really bad *** Lunati .690 roller was only a tiny bit more powerful. I'm sure that if had gone to 1.6 rockers, the mushroom would even equaled the Lunati roller, maybe better. Just a guess.

As another poster shared, the STX-22 doesn't need mushroom lifters. I ran that cam for a number of years and it performed very well.

Again I think the STX-22 would be a great cam for nearly any BB. But it isn't a mushroom grind. Use the Mopar .904 lifters.

It would a bad move to use mushroom lifters with a cam not designed for them. You gain NO performance but add weight to the valve train that the springs have to control.

Auto Transport Service
Back