• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter nose support cup.

rww124

Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Sometime back I was asking if anyone knew of a cup that goes inside an aftermarket Mopar bellhousing that secures the nose of the starter where you can adjust for both a 10 1/2 or 11 inch flywheel. My Cousin just got this part delivered this morning and has installed it in my Lakewood bellhousing with an 11 inch 143 tooth flywheel. The first picture is of a factory Mopar bellhousing for an 11 inch flywheel where you can see this cup cast into the bellhousing. The second picture is of my Lakewood bellhousing with the aftermarket part installed which has the cup with a stud at the back where you can choose one of two holes depending on flywheel size to mount then securing it with a nut on the backside of the bellhousing where the starter kick out is.
1699567952238.png

1699568011922.jpeg

Do you have question or are you letting people know about this?

I believe he was letting us know. Were did your cousin @rww124 get the part from?

You could probably make one using a cupped freeze plug. Just get one the right size drill hole for a stud and weld it on.

I'm sure this cup can be home made however I would suggest having a template so you know exactly what diameter cup and where to weld the stud on. My Cousin got the part from Brewersperformance.

1699589415182.png

Product ID: SAK905
SAK905 STARTER ADAPTER KIT, LAKEWOOD 15905, BIG BLOCK BELLHOUSINGS

Starter adapter kit package, for use with Lakewood big block bellhousings (when using the smaller 130 tooth 10.5" flywheel). Special dowel/bracket is used to position starter inward, allowing proper engagement of the starter drive on the smaller diameter flywheel. Can be used on Lakewood safety bellhousings engineered for use with both 130 tooth/10.5" and 143 tooth/11" flywheels (identified by two holes in the starter pocket area where the snout support bolts in). Snout support is also included in the kit. Reference Lakewood 15905. For use with 15330 / 15335 bellhousings.

My used Lakewood came with the cup but nothing else. was running a 10.5" flywheel so ordered the kit above, BO'd 4 months. Made the starter hold down.

My used Lakewood came with the cup but nothing else. was running a 10.5" flywheel so ordered the kit above, BO'd 4 months. Made the starter hold down.
My kit took awhile to get here as well however not four months. I guess Brewers must be a busy place and to add to my delay having the part sent to Canada would have added to this delay.

Auto Transport Service
Back