• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter won't stop cranking

Went to start my 68 Satellite and now the starter is endlessly cranking - even with the key removed. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop.

I've replaced the ignition switch, the lock cylinder, the starter relay... where else do I need to look to figure out what the heck is going on?

Thank you!
The Bendix is hanging up used to whack it with a hammer and fix it Loosen then remount the starter with the proper torque settings and you should have no problems

For anyone following this thread, in the end I had to swap the starter. Summit sent me a replacement at no cost. Hearing the new one, i now realize the first one they sent was bad out of the box. (When you hi from stock to mini the sound is different, so I assumed it was the new sound). Always sounded like it was struggling. New one cracking good!

Auto Transport Service
Back