• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel deck lid for a 1963 Savoy. What years will interchange?

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
I'm shedding the fiberglass parts on my car and I need a deck lid. Does anyone know what 62-65 models will interchange with a 1963 Savoy post car?

Thanks, Chuck

After looking at a bunch of photos it looks like the '63 & '65 might be the sane - '64 definitely not. The '63 & '65 bumpers look the same too -

I've always been under the impression 65 would fit on 63. Have not tried it myself though. I too thought the 64's were different at the corners.

After looking at a bunch of photos it looks like the '63 & '65 might be the sane - '64 definitely not. The '63 & '65 bumpers look the same too -

65 front bumper has turn signals, 63 does not. Rear looks good though.

Thanks, Chuck

63 only 64 different because of the tail lights 65 will fit but it dont take the chrome stripe on it

Yeah, I would have to drill the holes to mount the trim.

Thanks, Chuck

Yeah, they have different part numbers. I had Kramer's verify that 63 & 65 are interchangeable, they just need the trim holes done on the 65 lid. Thanks for looking that up though. I'll verify that for sure though when the 65 lid gets here and I'll let everyone know the correct answer.

Chuck

I just went through as I have 2 of each the 63 and 65 Plymouth lids. They are the same size and shape. The under structures have different holes and as stated the 65 has different trim holes.

I just went through as I have 2 of each the 63 and 65 Plymouth lids. They are the same size and shape. The under structures have different holes and as stated the 65 has different trim holes.

Are the decklid mounts the same and in the same places between 63 & 65? Or is it just appearance changes (which I don't care about)?

Chuck

They are the same. Just some different holes.

20211030_144757.jpg 20211101_101034.jpg

Yeah, I found a 65 lid, just waiting on a shipping quote from TX to FL. Thanks for the pics, that helps a lot.

Chuck

Auto Transport Service
Back