• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel wheels 1970 Charger

__Larsson____

Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Posted this on Facebook to:

I think i have asked this before but i want to get me som black steel rims with the small hub cap.

I want the rear wheels to really fill the wheel house, i think 275/60 look good, the width of 295/50 looks good but sometimes the hight looks weird.

So if i go with 275/60 what backspace/offset im thinking of 8" rims

Show me som pics for some inspiration!
1f60e.png

20211017_123826.jpg

I like the painted body color bumper. I plan on doing that on my car.

I like the painted body color bumper. I plan on doing that on my car.
Yeah im not a fan of to much chrome on the muscle cars and i think i came out great. I mean the E-bodies and later B-bodies had the painted bumper so i why not =P

Last edited:
Yeah im not a fan of to much chrome on the muscle cars and i think i came out great. I mean the E-bodies and later B-bodies had the painted bumper so i why not =P
Chrysler actually contemplated doing it for the ‘70 Charger. Theses screenshots I took from a promotional film of the new for 1970 Charger show a red car with red painted bumpers. It doesn’t look like they are elastomeric.
B0BCE1E8-ECC5-4C7B-B19E-0A3DAA63801F.jpeg
FCF2142D-2DF0-4067-8052-51498264B09E.jpeg

Don't do it! Those steel wheels with the dog dish hubcaps are so overdone! I put these on my 70 Charger R/T. I painted the center spoked section to my liking!

20201124_164913.jpg

20210514_193554.jpg

20210514_193135.jpg

20210925_133419.jpg

Last edited:
15x8 ramcharger wheels, 4" b.s, 255/70x15 on the rear, 285s wouldn't fit. 275/60 would fit fine on your charger, because of your open wheel house.
(1967 barracuda hubcaps)
Edit: 4.5 backspace fits much better. I have some 16x8 tt2's with 4.3/4 bs with lots more tire that fit better than the 4"bs steelies.

20181218_120000.jpg

20181218_115928.jpg

Last edited:
My friend decided that he wanted to build a General Lee out of his 70 Charger R/T, so he said to me,I need to find a whole 69 Nose for my car,which was about $2500 at the time back in 2002.so I told him to blast and paint the front bumper and tone the chrome down,most people won't even know the difference! It's been like that for twenty years, and everyone loves the car. More people started doing body colored front bumpers after seeing his car,it was at the nats many times, Carlisle too,as well as on the power tour.

20220625_144153.jpg

My friend decided that he wanted to build a General Lee out of his 70 Charger R/T, so he said to me,I need to find a whole 69 Nose for my car,which was about $2500 at the time back in 2002.so I told him to blast and paint the front bumper and tone the chrome down,most people won't even know the difference! It's been like that for twenty years, and everyone loves the car. More people started doing body colored front bumpers after seeing his car,it was at the nats many times, Carlisle too,as well as on the power tour.

View attachment 1315220
I’m doing a color change on mine from F8 to C7. And a matching front bumper. :D

I painted the bumpers on my 62, cause it was $1000 each to straighten and chrome em here in california,...... and it's just a bracket car.

I painted the bumpers on my 62, cause it was $1000 each to straighten and chrome em here in california,...... and it's just a bracket car.
A lot of people think the ‘70 Charger is the least attractive because of the front end. I just think the bumper stands out chromed, and would blend a lot better in body color. It might not look as good on a bright yellow or orange as you would see the rubber filler.

No 70 Charger had those lame *** dog dish hubcaps on them past day two of ownership when they were new ,if they were even ordered with them at all as most weren't. I know I was on the lot in 1970 when my parents picked up their new 70 Charger R/T SE. Only taxi cabs and cop cars had them.

No 70 Charger had those lame *** dog dish hubcaps on them past day two of ownership when they were new ,if they were even ordered with them at all as most weren't. I know I was on the lot in 1970 when my parents picked up their new 70 Charger R/T SE. Only taxi cabs and cop cars had them.
I’m don’t have the broadcast sheet for my car but... I would have taken the body colored wheels and poverty caps because the car would be getting Cragar SS or Fenton slots. :)

OP is in Sweden. They do have a great passion for classic American cars.

Don’t matter where on earth you live.
Race = human

and dog dish belongs on taxi cabs and max wedges!

Race = human

Or,...... you could come up with three or four different setups, and change em like underwear, like I do.......
(Had pics of all four looks on my old tablet, but I killed it) (only have three different looks for my Opel Gt).

Or,...... you could come up with three or four different setups, and change em like underwear, like I do.......
(Had pics of all four looks on my old tablet, but I killed it) (only have three different looks for my Opel Gt).
I did that when I was young, now if I want different wheels I get a different car to put them on. LOL

T
Race = human

There were no other factory mag wheel options for max wedge cars,like there were on 70 Chargers, and max wedge cars were built to be sleepers who swept up the street with any unsuspecting fool who mistook them for a mundane passenger car! There is no such thing as a sleeper Charger! Lol

15x8 F, 15x10 R is on my 69, because it's a 69.
If I had a 70, I'd put the same size on it, but with the Rallye wheels.
Rallye wheels don't look right to me on a 69, only because I know they didn't come out in 69.

94E2CC0B-AE3F-4184-8897-DB8329B39B68.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back