• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering column interchangability....

RustyRatRod

Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
I just got this 65 Coronet 2 door hardtop. It's an automatic car with a column shifted cable shift column with both complete shift cables still intact and in good shape. I am going to go with an aftermarket floor shift of some sort, probably a B&M Pro Ratchet. What steering columns will interchange with what I have? I would like to find a floor shift column for it that will bolt in and I am not familiar with which ones will do that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I think 63-66 b-body columns are the same. 63-64 has a differant coupler than 65-66. 67 columns went to the collapsable type column. Hope this helps, John

Not meaning to high jack the thread but I'd like to to the same thing in a 67 Satellite which floor shift columns interchange

Is there somebody that can confirm whether a 66 B body column will fit in a 65 B body? Thanks.

I can check. Have 62, 64, 65 and 66 columns.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you change your picture back. Boobs are ALOT nicer to look at then that what ever it was pic you had.

That was my Halloween avatar. It was Radu Viadislaus. Google "Subspecies". If you like vampire flicks and have not seen that series, you should be deported. lol

...and thank you kindly for checking for me. ;)

And not to hijack further but I am also wondering about replacing my column shift column in my 65 belvedere to a mechanical linkage column. I have heard I can use a 66-67 column shift column to replace the old cable shift one. Anybody know if this is correct? Thanks! And sorry to hijack!!

Yes you can use a 66 column, column shift or floor shift, I have one in my car,67's are differant,thats when they started the collapsable type. hope this helps, John

I exchanged my column shift with a 64 dodge dart floor shift column and just swapped out the guts from one to the other.. turned out real nice. and was not difficult at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back