• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Column rebuild or replace

axxmann

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
While I have the steering column out to add power steering I have decided to rebuild it. Again need all of your help. First we think the main shaft looks a little bent and is that normal? Next can I get a complete kit for rebuilding it? if so where is the best? Or is it best to buy a completed new one? All the ones I find have a key on them. I just hate to spend that kind of money then shorten the shaft. I already have a Borgenson unit installed. Thanks as always.

Matt "the axxmann" MacDermaid
www.axxmann.com

Just an update to all. Completed the change over to power steering. Used the Borgeson. Their instructions leave a little to be desired, but all in all it went real well. I highly recommend this conversion. You cant not absolutely love it! Thanks all for your help and if anyone needs input from me on this please ask. Would love to help.
Matt "the Axxmann" MacDermaid.

Auto Transport Service
Back