• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Colors

66/440

Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Can someone advise the original steering wheel colors available for '62 Savoys?

Blue, green and black, for sure. Others? I don't know. Tan maybe. Red probably.
What is the basic color of your interior?

As 33 IMP has mentioned, various colors, based on your interior color. One year newer, on my '63 330, the wheel is turquoise, or aqua. I think your Fender Tag will have an Interior code on it ?

I tried to send you a private message, but your inbox of messages is maxed out. You will have to delete some of your old messages or nobody will ever be able to contact you.
As soon as I can figure out how to delete PM I will get it cleaned up. Normally not it challenged but this is challenging.

You can bet that the wheel will be the same color as the steering column. My white 62 Savoy came with a blue interior, dash and wheel.

I wouldn't bet on that.

This is the "Standard" wheel color on this '62.
20210704_120303.jpg

This is the optional "Deluxe" wheel for the same color interior.
fl0116-227300_4@2x.jpg

Solid colors.
1962-plymouth-sport-fury.jpeg

49788_Interior_Web.jpeg

30247254-1962-plymouth-savoy-thumb.jpg

Two tone "Deluxe".
fl0114-176514_4.jpg

dash_41.jpg

The list goes on and on with greens and blues also.

Last edited:
Interesting that the only one that looks like a savoy was the blue interior (that looked just like mine) that has a black wheel. Mine was definitely blue.

Interesting that the only one that looks like a savoy was the blue interior (that looked just like mine) that has a black wheel. Mine was definitely blue.
There was the standard wheel for each model but you had the option to upgrade also if you were ordering the car.

I tried to send you a private message, but your inbox of messages is maxed out. You will have to delete some of your old messages or nobody will ever be able to contact you.
Cleared Now

Thanks for everyone's comments I appreciate it.
I have a '62 Savoy that I purchased 5 years ago in RI. My son and I flew in and drove it home to Texas. It was a great trip, took 7 days, a radiator and fuel pump along the way. Met lots of great people everywhere, especially fuel stops.....(" Hey great Buick my Grandfather had one just like it" or that's a "70 what?") Was able to spend a great week with my son and teach him some old school stuff like "YES you can use your heater as an auxiliary radiator". It's a /6 three on the tree, clutch was glazed but fixed itself in Knoxville TN rush hour traffic. The Northeast was enjoying a cool summer and everything was fairly under control at 55mph until Arkansas and the temp began to rise. Engine temps regulated speeds to 40 - 45 mph all the way to TX.
ANY way the plan has always been to make the more door into a 2 door. The body work is finally done after searching for the conversion parts for a few years. With the exception of some firewall and transmission tunnel work. Plan on painting the car black with a turquoise interior and am exploring upholstery and interior trim. I am not trying to recreate a perfect clone just a nice driver that looks mostly period correct. Anyway that was why I was asking about color options for the steering wheel. Thanks again for all Ya'lls input and great photos.

IMG_20170807_165440.jpg

I trust the shop that did it! They have done lots of work for me over the years and it has all been exceptional. They are not a "Production Shop" so it cost more but I prefer this method. BTW thanks for your photos!

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

66, here's a pic of my '63 wheel. My original was very "used", so I found a better condition piece. My local painter, repaired, and finished it for me. I'm very happy with it, and looks pretty good !

1229221118.jpg

I sent you a private email regarding the blue steering wheel that you are talking about, Charlie.

Auto Transport Service
Back