• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Restoration - DIY Project

had young guys complain that they can't get a good job and I've told them that if they want to come and work with me for several months until I think they can perform correct restoration work, they could branch out on their own and easily stay busy
That’s a nifty mission. I sometimes think of the kids running the streets who never had any mentorship to friggin learn something other than steal stuff. Years ago, was contracted by a city running an at-risk youth program to conduct training. Was nice to see these kids learning skills, using tools, operating machines, building stuff that enabled them to find decent employment as opposed to stealing catalytic convertors. Sadly, when the city confronted budget cuts, they sliced that program out just about first. Similar deal when a large machine tool company I was with back in the early 80’s, ended their apprenticeship program pretty much first thing after 50-years having that program. Even the company prez at the time had gone through it when he started with the company.

I’ll be doing my 65 Belvedere II steering wheel soon, it’s really bad, I also have another ‘filler’ I’ll try.

Auto Transport Service
Back