• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Restorations & Modifications

stwheels

Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
Here is another wheel I recently completed for a customer in Calgary. It's for a 1968 Road Runner and it was requested I increase the thickness of the rim to make it more comfortable to grip. The rim was made aprox. 1/2" thicker, you can also see the quality of finish in the reflection on the close-up shot ... and no that's not a reflection of my middle finger LOL

Contact me by e-mail or ask on this thread if you have any questions about getting your steering wheel repaired, refinished or restored.

Thanks, Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
web site: www.stwheelz.com
facebook page "The Steering Wheel Guy" : http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Steering-Wheel-Guy/200617011737?ref=ts
232323232%7Ffp63398%3Enu%3D3287%3E942%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3564%3A347%3B532%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63396%3Enu%3D3287%3E942%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3564%3A345%3B832%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63387%3Enu%3D3287%3E942%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3564%3A347%3B832%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D3287%3E942%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3564%3A345%3B932%3Anu0mrj

wow ! that came out awesome ..... i was going to attempt to restore the wheel out of my '65, but after seeing your work there is no way i can come close to that !! nice work .....

wow ! that came out awesome ..... i was going to attempt to restore the wheel out of my '65, but after seeing your work there is no way i can come close to that !! nice work .....

Thanks 65-440! I'm glad you like the finished product. Much time, sweat, quality products and passion goes into each wheel and your opinion is much appreciated.

Thanks again, Doug:icon_super:

no problem man. that looks like it took some time to do, but finish product well worth it !

Much respect for the restoration you do. Question, I have a similar steering wheel on a 68 Coronet parts car that I want to use, problem is I'm not familiar w/mopar steering wheels and am unable to remove the chrome horn ring to get access to remove the whole wheel. Help this is my first real mopar. Email is [email protected]

Much respect for the restoration you do. Question, I have a similar steering wheel on a 68 Coronet parts car that I want to use, problem is I'm not familiar w/mopar steering wheels and am unable to remove the chrome horn ring to get access to remove the whole wheel. Help this is my first real mopar. Email is [email protected]

Good question ! Turn the bezel that houses the Dodge logo counterclockwise till it snaps out. That will expose the internal workings of the horn mechanism and the retaining screws etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions.:pink banana:

Talk to you soon, Doug

OMG I would never have figured that out on my own. This is my first real mopar project. Dealt mostly w/bowties. I look forward to taking the steering wheel off now. Thank you, alot...

You know something, I asked you about the wrong steering wheel model. I forget the steering wheel I was referring to has the rubberized tri-bar horn button, w/ the chrome horn ring. Now how do you remove that rubber peice? Take care. I would upload image, but can't seem to do it...

It's always nice to get a bit of publicity in a major automotive magazine!

"MOPAR ACTION" and "RICK EHRENBERG" you Rock!

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
web site: The Steering Wheel Guy

Attachments

• Mopar Action plug 2011 #2.jpg
    Mopar Action plug 2011 #2.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 444
Hey Doug, I have aa 69 RR w/factory standard wheel, condition is similar to the "before" wheel you have up. Can you give me an idea of the cost to restore the wheel and the horn ring?

you do beautiful work and i like that you are passionate in what you do.

you do beautiful work and i like that you are passionate in what you do.

WOW! Thank-You so much!

I really love the transformation from "Before" to "After" when I work on projects and I'm really glad my passion shows. Thanks again for the very nice comments about my work.

Regards, Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy

You know something, I asked you about the wrong steering wheel model. I forget the steering wheel I was referring to has the rubberized tri-bar horn button, w/ the chrome horn ring. Now how do you remove that rubber peice? Take care. I would upload image, but can't seem to do it...

Be careful and pop out the little plastic button in the middle with a small screw driver or vinyl trim removal tool....There is a small bolt under it you need to remove to take off the 3 spoke center

BTW...Great job on the wheel! looks outstanding

Auto Transport Service
Back