• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still #1.....AH-64D Apache 'Longbow'/AH-64E 'Guardian' Attack choppers.

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
Who's picture leads the article? That's right....lol.

1.-AH-64E-Apache-Guardian.png

1. AH-64E Apache Guardian
The Apache, the workhorse of the United States Army, is the most common and widely used assault helicopter in the Western world and its allies. Over 2400 will be built by 2020 for the United States and its allies, including Israel, the United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, and others. The Apache is the most experienced and proven Western warfighter in its class today, having served in every major American and NATO combat since its inception. Hellfire missiles, M320 chain gun with 1200 rounds of 30 mm ammo, and Hydra rockets – the Apache is a very reliable and successful vehicle that will be around until at least 2048.

The 20 Best Attack Helicopters That Are Still In Service | Interesticle

Last edited:
If It's not broken, don't fix it. Just like the A-10 Warthog, one of my favorite.

Worked on n crewed OH-6, OH-58 A,C,D, AH-1 n AH-64's during my 23 yrs.

The Boeing plant is right up the road. Very busy place. MD Helocopter is right across the road from the Boeing plant. They build the MH6s. All types of bird fly over the house all the time. Lately they’ve been workingon the newer version of the MH47.

we constantly see groups of 12-14 AH64s fly in, probably for system updates. Don’t see any more little Birds with the Afghan AF markings. One e in awhile we’ll see AH64s flying over with Israeli markings.

The article did not include building them for the Taliban in Afghanistan??

I got to take a tour of the Apache plant in Phoenix while at Votech for aviation maintenance in 1982/83. It's all politics though, the UH-60 was originally designed to be a troop carrying assault helicopter. There are original videos of one doing barrel roles w armament. But certain politicians had money in Bell not Sikorsky.

Last edited:
The Boeing plant is right up the road. Very busy place. MD Helocopter is right across the road from the Boeing plant. They build the MH6s. All types of bird fly over the house all the time. Lately they’ve been workingon the newer version of the MH47.

we constantly see groups of 12-14 AH64s fly in, probably for system updates. Don’t see any more little Birds with the Afghan AF markings. One e in awhile we’ll see AH64s flying over with Israeli markings.
On the way to Iraq we stopped off at Kuwait saw rows and rows of clean new Apache's with Saudi and Israeli markings.

Worked on n crewed OH-6, OH-58 A,C,D, AH-1 n AH-64's during my 23 yrs.
Worked / crewed on all of those except AH-64. I also did UH-1D/H and flight engineer instructor in CH-47D.
We were supposed to transition from Cobra’s to Apache’s, but while the first crews were in school it was decided we were going to Chinooks

This makes me think of my Uncles, Tink & his 3 sons John, Jim & Pete
Marines, badasses recon & green berets, all officers
Tink served enlisted in WWII, Korea as a Marine
& his son John both served in the Marines 1st
then John followed in his father's footsteps & then went into the Army
during Viet Nam, Green Beret...
Pete, the youngest was Col. in Desert Storm...
Petes' the only one still with Us, he's in his 80s now...

American Military Veterans Viet Nam that Old man Was a bad ***.jpg

Last edited:
Spitting in the eye of death is great, once, never push for two though, ole death is a crafty bastard.

Auto Transport Service
Back