• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still Lookin for this 1966 Coronet 440 Wagon: Factory 383 / 4 Spd

You might want to check those numbers. There were NO Coronet 500 wagons built, period. The 500 was available as a convertible, a two-door hardtop and a four-door sedan. Once again, NO 500 wagons. None.
Thanks I will check the paperwork I received when I bought the car (about 10 years ago). it has total production numbers for 1966 coronet witch included wagons. I think it is from the Chrysler Historical. It is a weird car didn't even have a rear seat, just the front bench seat.

Was the no back seat car an undertaker car?

There's a page about those for 67.

Do you have a VIN on the original paperwork?
I would think a carfax or State Farm or another big auto insurance company would have info on the VIN if you can't get it from the DMV/BMV. Also, if it were in an accident and there was an insurance claim, you could track it down that way. Find out what the most common insurance companies were back when you lost track of the car and go from there. Also, wrecking yards may keep records of VINs of cars that came in, maybe not, but it would be fun to track it down. Heck, they found one of the 2 original Bullit mustangs in Mexico just a few years ago and I think someone may have rebuilt it. Good luck on it; post if you find anything out.

That cars badass!
I think the R/T emblem in the grill is a nice touch

Was the no back seat car an undertaker car?

There's a page about those for 67.
The owner before me said the car was used on a Air Base to run the birds of the tarmac. But I have no service numbers on the car nor does it have a service vin either.

Not sure if it was special ordered or not. Just an odd ball. It is a 361 bid block

Pictures of the only 1967 Coronet R/T wagon ever built with 440 Magnum and 4-speed. Bucket seats with buddy seat. Third row "tail gunner's" seat. Extremely rare car ( I only built the one ).

scan0001[2].jpg scan0002[2].jpg scan0003[1].jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back