• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Still looking for couple pieces 66 Sat trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Still looking for the following top of fender 66 Satellite aluminum trim in good, restorable condition - no holes, tears, hard crease crimps or bends, etc. condition of anodizing is not important. Still need right door and left rear quarter fender.

Thanks

Still at it I see. At least you are persistent about your search. I have to say this though...they are basically un-obtanium. That is the sad reality about those pieces. But keep banging away and you just might hit pay dirt when you least expect it and luck out!!! Good luck in your search...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I got 4 of 6 and a couple extra rough pieces. Jerry Hall gave me a rough rear quarter trim piece that had a hole drilled in it and a crimped edge. It was beyond restoring unless the hole could be welded up somehow. I’ve cut a length of it out and shaped it to fit the right door by trimming & preening over the ends. Unfortunately preening over the ends with the concave sides with out dies is pretty tough. I got them roughed in but one end is a little rougher than the other and I’m not sure I’m going to be able to get them metal worked completely to contour and and profile to my satisfaction. Working on it though - may be an interim solution.

or a waste of time.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to get your hopes up but I have a box of Satellite trim I haven’t looked at in decades. I seem to recall at least one piece of trim but not sure if it’s fender, door or quarter. I will check this weekend and let you know.

Still looking for the following top of fender 66 Satellite aluminum trim in good, restorable condition - no holes, tears, hard crease crimps or bends, etc. condition of anodizing is not important. Still need right door and left rear quarter fender.

Thanks
I have a extra right door trim that i think is in good shape (can check tomorrow) but sure it will need anodizing removed and sanded. I am in need of a left front fender piece that i have been trying to find for a while seems like the trim is almost obsolete. VFilms if you check and the piece you have is a left front fender and AR67GTX does not need i could sure use it.

I found an nos quarter piece a few weeks back. ( dont have it yet so cant say for sure which side )

I will trade and trade only for a dead mint NOS pass side door mldg . It is not for sale outright , at least not while I own the car . And there is a slim to none chance this car is ever leaving my name

Okay, this is what I found. Not bad, a couple small dings. Measures 52” in length. What is it and does anyone need it.

FC8B883F-F44C-4A5A-B17E-A743195E9960.jpeg D0C52414-540C-42AC-9415-EE3503A73E09.jpeg B8DB7DBA-3558-43C8-85E2-8221A11CE9E1.jpeg

I agree from the angle on the end. I believe I can use it.

PM sent

I have a extra right door trim that i think is in good shape (can check tomorrow) but sure it will need anodizing removed and sanded. I am in need of a left front fender piece that i have been trying to find for a while seems like the trim is almost obsolete. VFilms if you check and the piece you have is a left front fender and AR67GTX does not need i could sure use it.

I will check but I doubt I have that one - at least in good condition. Thanks

Can you post a couple pictures of the right door piece?

thanks

I found an nos quarter piece a few weeks back. ( dont have it yet so cant say for sure which side )

I will trade and trade only for a dead mint NOS pass side door mldg . It is not for sale outright , at least not while I own the car . And there is a slim to none chance this car is ever leaving my name

Good luck with the search. If you manage to find someone with a NOS door piece to swap, be sure to go out and buy a lottery ticket right away. :thumbsup:

Sorry, the extra front fender piece I have is a right side. Its got a couple dings in it but definitely restorable. But not the side you need.

VFilms is that piece open on one end if so it is the one I am looking for and would like to purchase.
Ar67gtx said he has one but would like another. One of us should contact him to see if he’s ok letting you have it. It’s not great but is useable with a little work. A couple small dings that can be tapped out. Let me know what you think

The one I already have is definitely restorable so if Racer1210 is in need of one I would say he has a greater need. So Vfilms, it’s OK with me to let Racer1210 have it instead of me.

Dan

The one I already have is definitely restorable so if Racer1210 is in need of one I would say he has a greater need. So Vfilms, it’s OK with me to let Racer1210 have it instead of me.

Dan
Th k you very much
I’m sure he appreciates it

Guys i really appreciate that and AR67GTX I will give you same deal on the one door (right) piece that VFilms is giving me on the fender piece. I will get pictures tonight or in morning sent to you. PM me your email if you have one for me to send pictures (newbie and have not figured out how to post pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back