• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

still no third gear 727 tranny

1badgtx

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Man i,m runnin out of options...Rebuilt my 727 using tsr components,,,2400 tci stall converter,stage 2 trans go shift kit....Lokar kick down cable...Set the cable according to the tsr tec...1 to 1 ratio from carb to tranny...Went through the throttle body for a second time,every thing seems good....tested the tranny with air before assembly all good....Any suggestions???Missed two car shows and hot august nights because of tranny problems...! more car show and mopars at the strip at sacramento dragway....Can.t miss that one....HHEELLPPP!!!
Thanks yall....
Bill M
67 GTX:confused::penguins paint pixi:penguins paint pixi

throttle body? I assume you are referring to the valve body?
did you replace the manual valve with the one supplied with the trans go kit?
in drive are you getting engine braking?
it may not be in drive although the gear selector says so
i haven't replaced the manual valve with the modified one in a while but I do remember having to bend the rooster and play with it to get it right
the modified valve allows constant cooler flow in all gears ( normally you don't get cooler flow in park

I did not replace the whole valve body with a new one...Just used the kit replaced,drilled all parts as in the kit...I have the book,727 rebuild from tsr...The tranny is going from 1 to 2 ,all is clean and crisp...Just no 3rd...Maybe accumilater?Or maybe pressure...I may have to take it to a shop to have the fluid pressure tested...I,m open to all comments...

I did not replace the whole valve body with a new one...Just used the kit replaced,drilled all parts as in the kit...I have the book,727 rebuild from tsr...The tranny is going from 1 to 2 ,all is clean and crisp...Just no 3rd...Maybe accumilater?Or maybe pressure...I may have to take it to a shop to have the fluid pressure tested...I,m open to all comments...

OK in the kit was there a manual valve?
I'm pretty sure TransoTF2 has a replacement manual valve

Ye it does replace the manuel valve...It so I can down shift from 3rd to second then to first...It does shift down manuelly from 2 to 1st gear..

I would put the original manual valve and see if that corrects the problem

can u air apply third with the VB out of the car?

might want to swap out another VB I might have one in my shop I can send to you I will check tomorrow

yes we tested it with air before we put it in the car...I have another valve body...But it,s a stock one....Gonna test thr accumilater next...

yes we tested it with air before we put it in the car...I have another valve body...But it,s a stock one....Gonna test thr accumilater next...
I doubt the accumulator is the problem I'd swap out to the stock and see if that remedies the problem

Yeah maybe I should do that,They say that mixing parts is a mistake...My tranny is a 70 and the extra one I have is a 76 or 77 out of a motor home...Hell it was free...I,m gonna call the tsr racing tech tomorrow and see what he thinks also...He,s a mopar guy too...I think he,s in your neck of the woods...

it will interchange as long as the 76 wasnt a lock up VB
by any chance did you leave out the 11/32 check ball??
it's the large one

No,i went through the valve body for a second time and all seems good...All check balls,springs,valves and govenors are o,k.

I went through the tranny over the weekend...All governors,and acumilaters are good....Still stumped....Gonna take it to the tranny shop to have the pressure tested next week....Got to have it fixed by sept 12...Mopars at the stirp in sacramento....I ,ve run out of options unless someone else can come up with a good one...I really apreciate all your feedback and hanging in there with me..

I,d rather push my Plymouth than drive a ford!!!!!!

I went through the tranny over the weekend...All governors,and acumilaters are good....Still stumped....Gonna take it to the tranny shop to have the pressure tested next week....Got to have it fixed by sept 12...Mopars at the stirp in sacramento....I ,ve run out of options unless someone else can come up with a good one...I really apreciate all your feedback and hanging in there with me..

I,d rather push my Plymouth than drive a ford!!!!!!

did you swap out the VB?

No,didn,t swap out valve bodies...Didn,t really trust my spare part tranny...It was really in bad shape when i got it....Runnin out of time,so gonna have to go to the experts...I still got to put in new miloden oil pan tune it up and get it cleaned up for scaramnto...I,m sure that the tranny shop will find the problem...I,ll keep you posted and put up some pics after sept 12 event....Thanks alot!!!!
B bodies rule!!!!!!!

No,didn,t swap out valve bodies...Didn,t really trust my spare part tranny...It was really in bad shape when i got it....Runnin out of time,so gonna have to go to the experts...I still got to put in new miloden oil pan tune it up and get it cleaned up for scaramnto...I,m sure that the tranny shop will find the problem...I,ll keep you posted and put up some pics after sept 12 event....Thanks alot!!!!
B bodies rule!!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure that the VB will fix problem especially if you were able to air apply the front drum with the VB out
good luck looking forward to the pictures!

Hey frogman...Posted some pics in the resto thread if you want to check them out!!!
Bill M 67 GTX

Auto Transport Service
Back