• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still trying to find the right one!

DudeBroDerk

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Hello again everyone! So I found a 1972 roadrunner that I really like, biggest issue I’m seeing is that they raced it so they put a roll cage in it and whatnot.. my question is would this be worth attempting to restore to factory (as much as possible)?
As you see in the pics the body is actually really clean! I’m more worried about removing the rollcage inside and getting the original seats put back in, they modified the back seat by extending the rear wheel wells to fit larger tires on it I can see but other then that it doesn’t look major. Also this car runs and drives as it is. Person is asking $13,500 would you be comfortable around that price for this?

8A840E92-57A0-41B3-B867-C8FAE0A04371.jpeg

4A64D3E1-DB81-40E4-BD4F-CC02EFFDC0C8.jpeg

BFF5F305-1956-4C20-A6B4-74DAC1767961.jpeg

EF74D4A5-98CC-486D-A5E8-B5634D1ABB53.png

F5EB3D3A-D06F-4953-8241-ACC88EAD84FB.png

58C449DD-F5B7-4082-9FDF-3F5ED02964C1.png

F1731921-1BDF-4AF4-8C88-6BCD8D9B0D2D.png

F3E706B4-12E7-4F8C-B456-955FF2D31B14.png

7C8D84B9-B855-482C-9602-52DEECED9C14.png

Really hard to tell from limited pics, but as you know 13k does not buy much mopar these days.
Myself I like the 71/72 body style, if its a real RR and has solid floors / pans ect under it.
Drive train ???
Roll bar set is not a big deal, headliner is trashed anyway.
Lol guys spend hrs putting in tubs, you got them allready.
How much is stripped, wiper set , heater box , ect ect all that stuff adds up fast.
Looks like you found a nice project car at a decent price to me.

The seats are already the right colour - fix the headliner and leave everything else the way it is.

I was hoping for more under the hood. Price is a bit high I think, there are going to be hidden issues. It looks like it's been scabbed together. Removing the rollbar might be the least of the issues. If you know of a parts car near you it would help the cause a lot.

What I can see of the rear tubs looks a little amateurish.
Honestly I thought the exact same thing also I thought the rollbar looked pretty shoddy as well. The biggest thing that I keep coming back to is the fact the body is immaculate

so i got this guy to 12k and 12.5k if he delivers it to me, im 5.5 hours away from it. going to think about taking a look at it tomorrow if i can, do you guys think theres better out there and i should wait or what would you guys do? i just see potential in things too easily sometimes i think

There's lots of things to undo. I don't think it's possible to know if it's worth it without looking at it in person (take a fridge magnet to see where it sticks). It would all hinge on body condition I think. I would assume all the running gear needs rebuilding but if the body is really clean and the paint usable that's where the value would be.

Dont rush how long has the car been for sale? Bring a magnet for sure. It took me over 5 year to find my charger. Alot of junk out there and there is some good ones to. Good luck ,look nice and you can put a back seat in if you modify the seat fame.

I am kind of torn on what best advice to give you.
The car looks somewhat solid except for the racing part which bothers me if you want to bring it back to factory but not out of the question.
I mean you could drop 20K in the car easy doing the work yourself and based on a good foundation to start.
You said he would bring it to you for extra $'s but does that mean you are buying the car sight unseen ?
The price maybe isn't that over the top if it is a good running solid driving car but these days with the crazy pricing who knows.
I would go look at it in person.
Best thing I can tell you is be patient and don't rush into anything !

Just have to look it over like posted. I had two 71s back in the mid to late 70s.
I like them.. if its solid , runs and drives it will be tuff to find that much road runner fir less money. Just my 2 cents.

Auto Transport Service
Back