• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Hemi Rotating Assembly

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
This is NOT a for sale thread.
I'm going to be getting into my Hemi build. Because my engine, has sat for quite some time, I'll have to get the block cleaned, surface rust, so dis-assembly will be needed.
Is there any market, for a complete 426 Hemi rotating assembly ? These components have never been run, stock assembly, but appear to have been balanced ? Would include crank, rods pistons, and camshaft.
I'm thinking since it needs to be taken apart, I may just move to stroker.
All parts are very clean.
Any, and all input appreciated, Thanks...
0706171504.jpg

I don't have a positive history of the engine. It came in a 3 engine deal. Brand new block and rotating assembly, never fired. Appearance of possibly being a Factory crate engine. Has aluminum heads, that have minimal run time, not on this set up. Seller said this was a back up for Major Name Super Stock Team ? Stock bore & stroke...

"appears" to be balanced doesn't really mean anything at this point.

Last time you asked it had "high compression pistons/not pump gas friendly"

You would just need to take it apart to see what you have and go from there.

If it is what you say, could be a pretty hot setup, meaning maybe some trick stuff going on for Super Stock back up motor. Just my thoughts. ruffcut

Not sure that "Factory crate engine" and "back up for a Major Super Stock Team" go together. Pull it apart & see what you've got. Anything Hemi has value.

I think it would be worth more to you than to anyone else. I know I am not going to build a stock stroke 426 in the future, the strokers work great for adding bottom end torque to a Hemi where it can be really used and make better use of the head flow.
On the other hand you have it all there in hand, pretty easy job to pull it down, check sizing on everything and throw a set of rings and bearings at it if required and use it. Saving you $2500 or so.

A stock bore and stroke Hemi this day and time is not something I would take issue with. I would do just what is needed and bring it to life again.

The crank, rods & pistons have lots of value to someone doing a resto Hemi project. Decide what parts you will use for your stroker project.

I disagree there is some sort of demand for old parts for a resto. Your asking someone to trust all those parts and build a motor. Some of this stuff is 55 years old floating on ebay. Or you pay to have them magnafluxed and checked at machine shop. Hemi's are combination specific more so than other engines. Compression ratio of pistons, CD of pistons, rod length, crank stroke, etc... If your stuff assembled for a heavily decked block, you need to find someone else with the same block decking and bore. A lot of folks use small end Chevy journal rods now including smaller pins for stroker motors.

So it really matter on what you have and having all the technical data, and proof of good parts. You may find a sucker, but most guys who build hemi motors are not going to pay a premium for your parts unless they are exactly what they need and they are cream of the crop parts. Just my opinion.

I've been waiting for a local acquaintance, to help me with the dis-assembly. He has some Family related health issues, so hoping to get into it soon. He's very familiar with hemis, so I'm willing to wait this out for a bit longer...

Auto Transport Service
Back