• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock valve cover clearance

71_Duster

Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone run stock valve covers on a 440 with Edelbrock heads and Hughes rockers?

I have some no name stamped valve covers that are slightly taller but they won't stop leaking. I think the shape is slightly off on them as all the gaskets I've tried never fit the corners very well.

The spacers are a good idea for roller rocker arms (at least the Harland Sharps I prefer), though with some rockers you can hammer on the OEM covers' oil baffles for clearance.
Before Medici made them, I was making them - a few years ago & don't have any left - and I was losing my butt selling them to Mopar guys at about half that price. Medici's are nicely finished.

Was hopeing for a cheaper alternative/answer as those are $230 bucks Canadian plus shipping, brokerage etc.

Does anyone have a stock valve cover they can measure the inside height from the mounting surface to the baffles?

You can make the factory VC clear those rockers

71 Duster - Any luck

If I need to start a new thread , no problem

Not having a lot of luck with the search function on this subject

Anyways , with my situation not really a clearance issue

Factory stamped steel rocker arms on 5090 heads

Bottom line

Will the Factory Stock 1971 Valve Covers fit and seal well with the Edelbrock Aluminum Heads

Been running the Edelbrock Signature Series Valve Covers with zero issues for the better part of five summers - Not a drip , just gaskets no sealer

Other then the color and the Edelbrock stamped within the valve covers

I would love to go back to my factory valve covers , but not going to waste my time with leaks and improper fit if they won’t seal well

5090 instructions say the heads can bee used with factory valve covers

Looking for options

Thanx Scott
And if I need to start a different thread no problem

Does anyone run stock valve covers on a 440 with Edelbrock heads and Hughes rockers?

I have some no name stamped valve covers that are slightly taller but they won't stop leaking. I think the shape is slightly off on them as all the gaskets I've tried never fit the corners very well.
I’m running stock ‘68 383 valve covers on Stealth heads with Harland Sharp rollers. I marked baffles with dykem, then drilled 5/8 holes where adjusters hit baffles. Works great!

Auto Transport Service
Back