• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Trailer

speedchangesyou

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Guys I'm re-posting the please keep a lookout for my trailer stolen from a storage yard in Lake Elsinore California. It's a custom trailer, took all the tools, air compressor everything in the gang box.

Thanks

Chuck Merken

IMG_0768.JPG IMG_0643.JPG

Chuck, was that a tilt bed? If so, there was a very similar trailer at irwindale Thursday night. I HAVE NO PROOF IT WAS YOURS, and the filthy thief would have
to be pretty stupid to take a stolen racecar trailer to the track. I'm sorry, I didn't get a plate number, but it definitely was not the Ford dually towing it.
Can you give us a foolproof way to i.d. yours?

had my **** brown car trailer stold'n ones , cops found it cop said '' can't be two **** brown trailers in town ''. i got it back . but i hope your was insured . and i hope you get it back , trailers are hard to tress . paper n tittle paper can gets forged easily , only one set of numbers on them . hope yours had something that was yours n yours alone .

Chuck, was that a tilt bed? If so, there was a very similar trailer at irwindale Thursday night. I HAVE NO PROOF IT WAS YOURS, and the filthy thief would have
to be pretty stupid to take a stolen racecar trailer to the track. I'm sorry, I didn't get a plate number, but it definitely was not the Ford dually towing it.
Yes... is there a way to be SURE it's yours? I'm not likely to find it in Chicago, but you never know & that guy would be praying the cops showed up if I ran across it.

they hit the jackpot when they got me..
they grabbed 5 motors/trans combos we had stacked on pallets,and then various random parts.
they also took a brand new flatbed hauler and a big dual axle boat trailer w brand new tires.
but,they were kind enough to leave me the boat.....which is an inboard luxury cruiser.
needless to say i cant even move it now and will end up cutting it up.

heres wishing you luck in finding your trailer.
personally,i think we should have some form of gps locator devices being sold with these trailers..
track them down using the internet or something.

I remember the 1st post, a while back now

no leads ? no recovery ?,
that sucks

I hope the insurance made it good
hopefully the mini storage had insurance to cover it
if yours didn't

almost nothing worse than a f---ing thief

good luck

they hit the jackpot when they got me..
they grabbed 5 motors/trans combos we had stacked on pallets,and then various random parts.
they also took a brand new flatbed hauler and a big dual axle boat trailer w brand new tires.
but,they were kind enough to leave me the boat.....which is an inboard luxury cruiser.
needless to say i cant even move it now and will end up cutting it up.

heres wishing you luck in finding your trailer.
personally,i think we should have some form of gps locator devices being sold with these trailers..
track them down using the internet or something.
Dang, sorry to hear you had a run in with f'ing thieves too. About tracking devices...I seem to recall seeing some device about the size of 50-cent piece online somewhere that you could track via the internet (?). I have considered putting something like that on my car...sort of a poor-man's lojack. You can't disable the car, but you can find it.

Guys, Yes it's a Tilt trailer...very recognizable I have been back and forth with AAA on the insurance since it was stolen low ball offer to settle...I found some low cost GPS tracking devices that are going on my next trailer....I have filed a bad faith claim against AAA...Will keep you posted.

Stolen Trailer.jpg

Guys, Yes it's a Tilt trailer...very recognizable I have been back and forth with AAA on the insurance since it was stolen low ball offer to settle...I found some low cost GPS tracking devices that are going on my next trailer....I have filed a bad faith claim against AAA...Will keep you posted.
That's a crying shame. I've been through this with a stolen car before. You are required to have insurance, but when you file a claim they offer you 1/2 of what it's worth.

The insurance companies are in the business of taking money from you, NOT giving any back to you. It makes sense as a business, but it sure does suck when you're the consumer.

Exactly I've been with AAA for 30 years, real eye opener...they offered me 4k for the trailer really laughable and sent me a link to some rusted out trailer in Nebraska with nothing on it and valued the winch on our trailer at $35.00 WTF Really!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back