• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLLEN

A couple years ago we got asked to work on a sunday right before Christmas. We were, we thought, the only ones at the facility as we hadn't seen or heard anyone else all morning. Around lunch time we went to the break room for the first time that day and discovered a stollen on the table. All by itself, nothing else.
Well we got all excited and were wondering how 'D' knew
we'd be at work that day and what a great guy he was for
thinking of us. It is his mother who makes these only at this time of year. We laid in to that stollen and it was gone so we went back to work.
Found out monday that 'D' had been called in to work that day also and told us about how his stollen had just disappeared yesterday...
I sheepishly told him what happened and how we were wondering how he knew we'd be working that day and how we were praising his mother and thanking him as we gobbled it up.
We had a good laugh about that. Two of us enjoyed the story more than the third guy did.

I grew up with stollen and kuchen. I love german food !
Only at Christmas time would Grandma make them. One that resembled fruit cake that was always off limits to us kids. Unfortunately by the time I was old enough Grandma was no longer making that one. I think it was because Grampa was no longer making a secret German ingredient.

Auto Transport Service
Back