• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street car engine....

That was the plan. I had the car sold until I backed into the garage door with it. That deal fell through but I sold the engine out of it so I robbed this one from the Superbird and decided to drop it in this car and make a cool street ride out of it. I’m leaning towards a blown BAE hemi on alcohol for the Superbird. We’ll see!
:thumbsup: that should be one badassery engine build for a Superbird :popcorn2:

Got twins waiting for my next street car build. For now I just spray the two kits I have if I am running late for work.

100_1455.jpg 100_1457.jpg IMG9505711.jpg IMG9505701.jpg

That's why I decided early on to stay with carbs
If I would’ve gone Procharger, I would have stayed with a carb but with these turbos and no intercooler, I thought I’d better get some control in place. We’re gonna datalog as many systems as possible and the EFI also gives me the capability to run pump gas, E85, C16 or even M1.

If I would’ve gone Procharger, I would have stayed with a carb but with these turbos and no intercooler, I thought I’d better get some control in place. We’re gonna datalog as many systems as possible and the EFI also gives me the capability to run pump gas, E85, C16 or even M1.
E85 will work well, water meth for intercooling or nitrous will lower the IAT over 100*:bananaweed:

E85 will work well, water meth for intercooling or nitrous will lower the IAT over 100*:bananaweed:
Probably gonna start with pump gas and water/meth spray. I’ll work from there to some C16. Maybe E85 down the road.

I've done a little bit of research on the Snow injection units.

I've done a little bit of research on the Snow injection units.
I think we talked about that at one time. I’m gonna be using the Holley system since it’s plug and play with their EFI harness. It’s just going to be a matter of sorting out how much I can get away with on pump gas. We’re going to spray pre-turbo and see what it does. It’s supposed to shift the compressor map slightly which might help make power before we plug up the tiny turbines with back pressure.

I was going to try and use no ethanol, 10% & 15% to correct the AF ratio from spring through summer and not change jets. Anxious to experiment with that.

I was going to try and use no ethanol, 10% & 15% to correct the AF ratio from spring through summer and not change jets. Anxious to experiment with that.
Interesting......how does the corn effect the AF ratio.I could be fighting that and not know!

7.30.19 002.jpg 7.30.19 010.jpg 7.30.19 013.jpg

I'm at 9.9 Mike
Hemi-itis the more ethanol the more you need. So it's like leaning out. I can't remember of hand the percentage bigger jet you need going from gas to alcohol.

I was more wondering how it effects me using pump with 15% E???
Still chasing some issues with the tune and afr curve.

Auto Transport Service
Back