• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dec

Street drags.

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
33 IMP added a new event:

Street drags.

Kingman (Arizona),Route 66 Street drags, this coming weekend, May 17, 18, 19. Google for more info. Sponsored by Napa, among others. Supposed to be 350 cars. Downtown street, route 66, middle of Kingman, shutting down the main street,of town for a,week.

Read more about this event...

That sounds like a cool event... They did a similar event like that here years ago at an abandoned airfield but the insurance cost got too high for them to continue. Nice to see it still goes on in other places.

$200 registration. Do they care about who is driving? Can the pit crew thrash the car too?

It's supposed to be a street race, but with a pro tree instead of a flagger, and emergency safety equipment.
I have NO idea how strict tech is, or if anybody you feel like can drive your car.

Some pics from a pre covid race: (unfortunately I never got to see the blown alcohol injected hemi falcon run. It was on the trailer when I arrived.)

20191025_160416.jpg

20191025_173728.jpg

20191025_163831.jpg

20191025_163807.jpg

20191025_160422.jpg

20191025_151449.jpg

Last edited:
The Demon in the photo above is a guy from Vegas.Has been doing the Kingman race for many years.
They always have a big turn out. Martin Swanty Chrysler is a sponsor.The track is set up in front of the dealership.
Across the street is a large NAPA store. Never raced but have spectated. Fun weekend for sure.
Well run operation .

Looks like NHRA rules, but I didn't read that it was sanctioned.

Thats too bad it's this weekend. I'm on a plane tomorrow AM or would be going.

Thats too bad it's this weekend. I'm on a plane tomorrow AM or would be going.
I would have posted earlier, but I just heard about it on the local sports talk show, over this past weekend.
I attended a couple races before covid killed it for a couple years. I was unaware they had started again. Real happy they came back.

I too miss any info until it's too late. That and the RT66 fun run. I'll make it some day.

That sounds like a cool event... They did a similar event like that here years ago at an abandoned airfield but the insurance cost got too high for them to continue. Nice to see it still goes on in other places.
We had organized drag racing events here at an ACTIVE airport about 15 years years ago (rialto, small town, and airport, between L.A. and San Bernardino.) Then Irwindale 1/8th and Fontana 1/4 (now gone!) opened, and that was the end of the airport experiment.

(We had to stop racing when planes landed or took off on the runway that crossed the one we were using for a strip, lol.)

Auto Transport Service
Back