• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street hemi dual quads

FitzyB5

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good shop to set up my dual carburetors on a newly rebuilt street hemi with Scott Harms carbs. Have inconsistent idle and seems like it struggles at mid to cruise rpms. Looking in Merrimac valley region of New England. I am in South coastal NH. It’s above my knowledge level and want it done correctly.
05C0ED65-000E-4236-AB77-4D64438E6E65.png
40AE1EFF-C7F8-4818-9065-F86C9E04950A.png

Yes, Contact Dave Cunningham @ 330-799-9479 , he's in Ohio and will do you an EXCELLENT job. Both performance & asthetics, they will come back to you looking brand new.

Scott needs to tell you what jets, what step up rods and if any non matching venturis in the carb and did they get put to spec. I took my set apart to validate what was original and what was not, then used a local for me hemi carb restorer who had the correct venturies I needed.

But as stated you need a local carb guy who can adjust the carbs to the motor. I assume your engine builder is using some sensors to determine if motor running lean or rich, etc... Not sure carbs would do this, unless really out of wack. Especially since they ran on a mule.

Scott did my carb and i bolted it on and it was better then it ever was, only after i did cam change did i have to fiddle with it.providing it has correct rods for your application not much to dial in.

Your linkage correct? Street hemis had staged linkage. Most driving was done on just the primaries of the rear carb. If both of your carbs open together the linkage is wrong and the carbs would need to be set up differently because now it's using both carbs primaries all the time. Regarding how it idles. Vacuum leak? Easy to have leaks with a hemi. Manifold must be torqued down with a inch pound wrench in the specified order to the correct torque. I go through the final step at least 3-4 times. Til each screw holds its torque because as you tighten each screw the previous screw looses it's torque. Hemis need that extra attention!LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back