• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

strut rod bushing

ddpsnake

Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
New front end on this 71,the only part i have not torque down is the srb,have done the rear,but with my rad and shroud in the way of a socket,what can i do,i have tighten some but don't know if it enough or not.

I'm thinking you tighten it until the rubber is flush or even with the edge of the washer. Use a boxed end wrench. You might have to borrow one that size or rent one from the local parts store.

See what others reply, with the proper torque.

I would just get it "mostly" tight and then let the alignment shop do the final adjustment/tightening for you.

How hard was it to replace these bushings?
Thinking about doing it on my '66.

I'm thinking you tighten it until the rubber is flush or even with the edge of the washer. Use a boxed end wrench. You might have to borrow one that size or rent one from the local parts store.

See what others reply, with the proper torque.
Did it torqued with nothing in the way, and with a wrench. Looked the same . That's what I always did after that. If it looked right, it was right.

Auto Transport Service
Back